PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Got a book that looks like new all about Dinosaurs which grandson is mad about for 25p.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't been near a chazza shop for weeks now, but today called in on my way to Asda.

Found a brand new DVD of 'Cranford' for £1.99 which will be lovely easy viewing on autumn evenings.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been looking for a decent mandolin for ages and tucked under the bottom shelf in the household area of my (huge) local Sue Ryder shop I found one for just £3.50. This will be an enormous help to me when I am dehydrating large quantities of fruit or veg so I am well please. I think this purchase almost completes my kitchen 'wants' - I just need to replace a couple of pans and then that's me.

This had me very puzzled for a time- I had a vision of you playing a mandolin whilst waiting for your fruit/veg to dehydrate! I'll get me coat..........
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just got a New Look maxi dress, with belt, almost new for £4.50
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    This week i got two bikini's, one was a TU and the other Florence and Fred, £1 each, as new condition, Sally Army shop
  • PenguinOfDeath
    PenguinOfDeath Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    This had me very puzzled for a time- I had a vision of you playing a mandolin whilst waiting for your fruit/veg to dehydrate! I'll get me coat..........

:rotfl:
    Glad it's not just me then, thought it might have been an opportunity to learn a new hobby!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a Top Shop vest top in a speckled dark grey that sort of flares out at the bottom for £2.50. A basic item but will be very useful.

I wanted to post because I'm so delighted with my CS buys. I posted about 2 skirts recently: linen Brora one and a silk/cotton one from Zara. I've just loved wearing them in this hot weather, had loads of compliments and feeling smugly mse as well!
  • Ballymackeonan
    Options
    I've had a good Saturday at various CS! Mad Men series 4 plus a DVD of Don Giovanni and a book for £3.50 at one, a Minton teapot for £3.50 at another (not an antique, but a 1970s one for a neighbour who collects them..) a nice stripy top at an other (someone has cut out the label but it's nicely detailed with overstitched seams and was only £2) and the best buy, a 1950s seersucker housedress, in good condition. It fits, but I'm tempted to Ebay it as it's an eyecatching print - again for £2!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Two nice photographs of flowers in close-up, mounted and framed. £3.50 each.

The original gallery price labels were on the back. £55 each.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • happydays89
    happydays89 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    Very pleased,managed to buy a mother and child light for £7 checked on line and they are £89.00.2 large rugs for £4 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure