Options

Comments

• sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lucywillow wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted for a few weeks as life has got very busy but I have been reading along and keeping up the fabbing.
    Just wanted to wish you Good Luck LL. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all works out well for you. You really deserve it.:)

Lucywillow - I think you could have written this post on my behalf as I too haven't posted for quite a while but wanted to wish LL the very best too - hope you get the news from your broker that you want LL and that your offer is accepted :j

Note to self - must stop lurking and post more often :o:o:o
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 May 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Hello Sukey & Lucy. Good to hear from you and thanks for good wishes. You too Shanks.

Well broker gave me the go ahead so I hAve made an offer. Just waiting to hear now.

I am going to need a stiff G&T. (Or 3) after all this. :rotfl:
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yay! Looking forward to photos!!!

We have never once regretted moving to our bungalow, which like the one you are hoping to have, was dated, scruffy, needed work ....but so pretty.

Hope you get it!!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Houston, we are go!!!!

Offer accepted. :j:j:j

I need a lie down........:rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Houston, we are go!!!!

Offer accepted. :j:j:j

I need a lie down........:rotfl:

That's brilliant news. Can't believe that so much has happened in just the one day.:D

Fingers crossed for a bit of luck going forward. Do keep us posted.:)
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been garden fabbing since the weather is so nice. Have re-potted 2 cucumber plants & moved another runner bean plant out. We bought some bedding plants as well today - petunias, lobelia (trailing & bush) and nemesia. I have potted most of them but still a few to do tomorrow.

DS started getting a bit tired & hungry so there was a bit of dramatic crying when I didn't pick him up & cuddle him immediately. :rotfl: The plants had to be abandoned. He turns one next week, how did that happen? :eek:

Maman I like that dress, how do you feel in it though as that's the main thing.

Congrats to LL :beer:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LL Congratulations on selling your home and having your offer accepted on your new home :j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on your house purchase LL! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • lessonlearned
    edited 25 May 2018 at 11:01AM
    Options
    Miserable wet day here. Just in time for the bank holiday weekend??? :rotfl:

I should have been going for a a routine blood test this morning but as it is chucking down I decided to pass. I did of course let the surgery know. I am not one of those who simply fails to show up.

It always saddens/amuses me That whenever I have to cancel or postpone appts and I telephone in advance to let them know that they are so often astonished that I took the trouble to ring them. Not just medical appts but in general. Even when house hunting and I have a change of heart I always ring the EA to let the vendor know.

To me it is just simple good manners and I would hope that other people would extend me the same courtesy but alas it doesn't seem to be the case. In our surgery they have a monthly list of "no shows". It's often over 200, in just one month.!!! Shocking. And then whilst marketing this house there was a woman who simply didn't bother to show up for a viewing. When the EA tried to find out what was going on, she refused to take the call. How rude!!!

To me being "fabulous" isn't just about outward appearances, it's about how we relate to others. Being a "lady" isn't just about posh clothes, knowing which cutlery to use, it's about good manners, consideration for others, courtesy and common decency......

Anyway......

I'm bathed and Fragrant and am going to potter about. Later I shall be meeting my family for a nice meal to celebrate ......DS1s wedding anniversary, DS2s birthday and me finding my dream house. Lots of happy stuff.

I bumped into an old neighbour yesterday. She was always a Stunning woman, really beautiful and always glamourous. In fact she always made me feel inferior because she always had plenty of money and really indulged her love of clothes and nice things. Her house was always like a showhouse. She often made me feel like a second class citizen because she did rather flaunt her good life.

Well without being horrible she has allowed herself to pile on the weight. She was still nicely turned out as always but oh my what a difference in her. I was gobsmacked.

(As I write they are putting the sold sign up. Wahaaaay).

She wasn't always a nice person and as we stood chatting I could see her looking me over from head to toe. You know how some people do that, taking in every detail of how you are dressed, the bag you are carrying etc. :rotfl:

She actually told me I was looking well, that I looked good.

Now She and her husband were one of the so called friends who more or less deserted my husband and I when he got sick, just paying lip service with the occasional visit, and who totally abandoned me when he died.

My husband had done loads of IT work for them, helping them in their business, designing Business systems for them, mentoring the husband - all for free.

I looked her in the eye and said "thank you, I feel well. I had ten years of hell but that is all behind me now and life is good".

She did at least have the grace to blush. ;).

I asked after her husband, she pulled a face, said he was fine and changed the subject. I had already heard on the grapevine that his business was floundering, that he had got himself a bad reputation for shoddy work and sharp practice.

I woulldnt go so far as to call it schaudenfraude but it's does seem to be a truism......what goes around comes around. Karma has a habit of repaying.

Btw.....a letter from J2 this morning. :rotfl: Now if he was really interested he would come galloping up on his white steed (or at least a modern day equivalent) and whisk me off my feet for a romantic weekend. Yeah right, I don't think that is ever going to happen. His loss.

A feint heart never won the hand of a fair lady.

Tomorrow I'm off to Ikea with DS1 and DIL to buy baby stuff and get some ideas for my new house......so excited. My DIL has already started calling it Granny's house. She is even more excited than I am. We are both seriously into decorating and design and have been happily talking about my plans for the house.

Have you ever seen a website called Hooked on Houses. Well DIL and I are huge fans. They show houses that have been featured in movies. My all time favourite movie house is the one they used in Somethings Gotta Give, (I love her book lined writing niche) but I prefer the kitchen in Its Complicated. I shall be incorporating some of the ideas from both houses.

She has a point about it being a perfect "Granny's house" - it reminds me of my Belgian grandparents house. Lots of nooks and crannies for games of hide and seek, outbuildings to turn into dens and playhouses, a private, sunny garden, trees to climb. There's even a brick built BBQ.

All I need is a hot tub.....:rotfl:
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Ladies :wave:

To follow on from my 'must stop lurking and post more often' comment the other day - here goes:

Went for my bi-monthly facial earlier in the week and my regular therapist had been to the Decleor head office for some extra training the day before so she tried out a new face massage on me - it was wonderful - so relaxing and my skin looked wonderful by the time she had finished :j

Some of you may remember that I had been struggling with menopausal night sweats & hot flushes for a while and, after a recommendation from my Sister, I bought the Menopace Night capsules - I had already been taking the standard ones with little effect so i was a bit sceptical as the night ones are 3 times the price :eek: Well, I have to report that the day after taking the first one the night sweats stopped and I only have the very occasional hot flush. I have been taking them for over a month now so my sleep has improved remarkably :j :j :j I have also started taking a Vitamin K, D & calcium supplement and I must say I feel much brighter and my skin has improved considerably - I was getting lots of hormonal outbreaks on my jawline.

I completely agree with you LL about good manners - as they say, they cost nothing but really make a difference. Unfortunately, I think so many people have got used to others being rude they are surprised when someone is polite and respectful.

'Sold' sign up already - wow - they are not hanging about are they :) I do hope all goes well for you - would love to see some piccies when you have them.

I have been trying out a gradual tan moisturiser and, even though I picked the one for very fair skin, I still feel it looks a bit 'orange' - any suggestions? I have tried doing every other day but it still doesn't look quite right. Maybe I just have to resign myself to being 'pale & interesting' ;)

Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend all - let's hope the weather is kind to us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure