The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A false dawn?

Thought DD had decided to use her own bed again, only to be met with the eerie figure of my tiny little redhead peering over the side of our bed at 1 in the morning! Back to the couch for me...

£0.66 paid off a CC and posted a book for an Am@azon sale. Expecting another £10 from a Zopa P2P referral shortly :coffee:
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ed I now have an image of your daughter looking and acting like the wee lassie from Brave ... I love that lassie' s character, I have no doubt her parents characters found her exasperating at times though :)

wonderful to be back catching up again ... you'll need to pm me where your staying now ... I remember talking to u about where j fancied and wonder of you got there

love to all xxx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thought DD had decided to use her own bed again, only to be met with the eerie figure of my tiny little redhead peering over the side of our bed at 1 in the morning! Back to the couch for me...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Awwwww!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is hers a small bed still? may be time to consider a 4ft bed in her room so you can go back to her bed with her and lay with her there. It's a way of reinforcing that that is where she sleeps. At the moment she sees you and Mummy together and thinks she should join you. At least you would get some proper sleep in a big-enough bed
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    ed I now have an image of your daughter looking and acting like the wee lassie from Brave ... I love that lassie' s character, I have no doubt her parents characters found her exasperating at times though :)

wonderful to be back catching up again ... you'll need to pm me where your staying now ... I remember talking to u about where j fancied and wonder of you got there

love to all xxx

She's not curly, but not unlike a tiny Merida :)

Will PM you.
    Is hers a small bed still? may be time to consider a 4ft bed in her room so you can go back to her bed with her and lay with her there. It's a way of reinforcing that that is where she sleeps. At the moment she sees you and Mummy together and thinks she should join you. At least you would get some proper sleep in a big-enough bed

Is a 4' bed a double bed? Because the wee punk can easily pinch 1/2 a king size bed! :eek: We are planning on moving her to a double bed, probably after our holiday in May (can rearrange her furniture and move the armchair downstairs).

£0.35 paid off a CC - taking DD to Edinburgh Butterfly & Insect world as a wee treat. For once I've been working too hard - was typing up notes to assist a colleague until after 10 last night :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the butterfly farm :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    4ft is queen size, so about 6 inches narrower than a double & 1 ft than a king. Maybe a "you'll have to budge up" might make her value her own bed space more.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    4ft is queen size, so about 6 inches narrower than a double & 1 ft than a king. Maybe a "you'll have to budge up" might make her value her own bed space more.

A UK Queen - an American Queen is 5' x 6'8" (in real money)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Maybe a "you'll have to budge up" might make her value her own bed space more.

I find any response other than moving gets you an accidental? kick in the throat from a sleeping toddler :rotfl:
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    A double bed for a toddler?! You are mad, Ed!

Get her a single else she will think it normal for one tiny human to have a double bed!

They will have to invent a quadruple if she ever gets married!
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family