HSBC Credit limit

Options

Comments

• deviousimp
    Options
    I did it once I received the card, so I left it blank on the application. Mostly because I couldn't believe they were going to approve me!
  • thistle73
    Options
    Wow this company really does drag on 😬😬
    I applied 8 days ago and it said thank you for apply and been approved be in touch 5 days but not heard nothing so far
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 October 2016 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Been credit building for a few years and have 2 cap one cards, an aqua and a vanquis, some with balances on (emergencies with pets and cars don't ask). Trying to clear asap because of the interest so decided to see if I could get a bal trans card.

Was given a high prob of getting the HSBC card but not the max (80%) so gave it a shot expecting a rejection, BUT 2 wk later, today have the approval in my hands lol.

Is there anyway I can tell what my new credit limit will be or should I just sign and wait?

For info have the above cards plus a catalogue and argos card, no late pays, no defaults as all now dropped off, could I be looking at 5k like some others on here?

If so that will clear everything on the other cards and leave me a chunk as well-may use some of the 0% purchase to spread the cost of crimbo in that case. Plus how long after signing do you get the card?

Ali x (still in shock for getting a "mainstream" card with so long on 0%)
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No you will have to wait to get the card showing the credit limit, card should come within 2 - 3 weeks.

It is a slow process but good luck with a good limit, let us know when you do.

John
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will hang on and see then, tbh will just be happy if its enough to clear the other cards onto 0%, will look at what card to shut and what to keep for emergencies once I get to that stage.

Min on their site seems to be £500 so that would still be one card cleared and interest slashed.

Fingers crossed.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• browneyone
    Options
    If you really want to know you can pop into your local branch.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Why not give them a call and ask :)
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My boyfriend applied almost 5 weeks ago, took 3 weeks for them to send him a letter to ring them. Upon ringing we got someone who was very hard to understand and eventually hung up on him. He rang a couple of days later and got someone who explained he had to go in with 3 months worth of bank statements into a branch.

Did this almost 2 weeks ago and we're still waiting. He does have a bank account with them but hasn't used it for the past 3 years since becoming a joint account holder with me at another bank, so we gave them the statements from our joint account. They said it would take 2 days max for the department to get the info.

They're so slooooow. May get him to ring if we've not heard anything by next week.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Do any of you know what credit reference agency HSBC use for their credit card applications :)
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »
    Do any of you know what credit reference agency HSBC use for their credit card applications :)
    They use Experian and Callcredit -http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/credit-reference
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure