You can't beat me, I will win.

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    Options
    I have just entered panic mode. My house is a complete s#1t tip and the company supplying and building sons bed want to come Friday.:eek: HELP :rotfl:.

Right tonight put away all dry washing ( this time it's non negotiable) and tidy my bedroom so there is space to put DS's toys. They want the room as empty as possible to build it.

Tomorrow take apart bed frame. He can sleep on the mattress for a night or two.

Wednesday I will finish emptying the room.

Thursday night I can give it a good clean and vacuum while he is at cubs plus make sure the stairs are clear.

It's sounds like a plan written down and fingers crossed it will work.

Mmm I wonder if I could declutter while doing this or am I getting too ambitious.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    I have just entered panic mode. My house is a complete s#1t tip and the company supplying and building sons bed want to come Friday.:eek: HELP :rotfl:.

Right tonight put away all dry washing ( this time it's non negotiable) and tidy my bedroom so there is space to put DS's toys. They want the room as empty as possible to build it.

Tomorrow take apart bed frame. He can sleep on the mattress for a night or two.

Wednesday I will finish emptying the room.

Thursday night I can give it a good clean and vacuum while he is at cubs plus make sure the stairs are clear.

It's sounds like a plan written down and fingers crossed it will work.

Mmm I wonder if I could declutter while doing this or am I getting too ambitious.

Good plan to break it down into chunks and do it that way. Maybe you could declutter his room as you are putting stuff back in?
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A little decluttering would be good if you could manage it:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    If you set aside anything obvious while emptying, then follow clearmydebts advice when reinstating it, it’d be a lot less pressurised
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks all.

I'm definitely going to sort the stuff as it goes back in. The bed has some storage areas which will allow me to get rid of a bookshelf. It also has some hidden storage behind.

Unfortunately I had a night of sickness, etc so feel wiped out today. I hope to get bits done tonight but will have to catch up tomorrow.

Busy week on top of this. Blood test tomorrow and chemo on Thursday. Deep joy.

Anyway I'm being a grumpy knickers so I'm going to go and come back less mardy. Have a fab day.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Thanks all.

I'm definitely going to sort the stuff as it goes back in. The bed has some storage areas which will allow me to get rid of a bookshelf. It also has some hidden storage behind.

Unfortunately I had a night of sickness, etc so feel wiped out today. I hope to get bits done tonight but will have to catch up tomorrow.

Busy week on top of this. Blood test tomorrow and chemo on Thursday. Deep joy.

Anyway I'm being a grumpy knickers so I'm going to go and come back less mardy. Have a fab day.

Afternoon PH - be as mardy as you want. You are going through an incredibly tough time. Take it easy :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • beanielou
    Options
    Agree. Be as mardy as you want.
    Remember to take care of you:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. Do the bare minimum to get the bed delivered, worry about anything else once it's gone. Decluttering as you move stuff back is the way to go.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you all but I don't like being mardy, it gets you no where.

I've just finishing emptying DS's room as much as I can. I will dismantle his bed tomorrow which shouldn't take long. It can go outside with a free to good home note. My spare bedroom looks a tip though.:eek:

Mum had a ppi payment yesterday which I had done for her and she insisted on giving me some. I didn't want it but you don't argue and win with an elderly Black Country wench. Anyway I did think to pay it off debts but I've decided to put it in my emergency fund.

Back to work tomorrow so I'm going to get everything organised tonight. I will learn not to leave everything to last one day.

Anyway I have a few more bits to do then an early night. X

• beanielou
    Options
    Half to debt & half to emergency fund?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback