Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Options

Comments

• middleta
    Options
    Hi all

I did a comparison between 'essentialtravel.co.uk' and NCL airport website for two trips.

Trip number 1 - 14 nights with ET cost £83 but was only £80 on NCL website.

Trip number 2 - 7 nights with ET cost £43 but was only £40 on NCL website.

I've had both charges refunded in full back to my card by ET. I also went through Top Cash Back and have got £9 and £5 cashback already approved for the two bookings. :j

Happy days - thank you so much for the tip. My sister has also used it twice and got free parking for two short breaks.

I would encourage anyone to give it a go before they withdraw this guarantee. If you pay the 50p cancellation fee what have you got to lose except the obvious 50p? Surely it's worth a gamble of anyone's money?

I would love to be a fly on the wall at ETs next board meeting - "so would anyone like to explain why we've paid for all of this parking so we're now riunning at a loss rather than a profit?" :eek:
  • June34
    June34 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 September 2012 at 3:16AM
    Options
    im looking to get booked for manchester airport next week and hopefully i will get it free but im just looking to see if someone can confirm im looking at the right thing before i book and try to claim the money back. with essential travel On Airport - Multi-Storey Terminal 2 the price is coming up at £89.99 and when im looking at looking4parking
    Manchester Airport Multi-Storey Car Park T2 it is £79.99

i am assuming this is in the same parking and i would be entitled to my money refund? thanks
  • June34
    Options
    well have bought the parking and have also emailed them to say i want to take advantage of the price guarantee so here is hoping i get £90 back from them, have taken the 50p cancellation incase, but will post with the results hopefully today
  • RachVG
    RachVG Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Essential Travel might have ended their "free if" guarantee for the hotel + parking, but Holiday Extras (part of the same company I believe) haven't - I just got a call to say my claim has been successful, so I'll get £202.80 refunded to my card on my return! We're going in November and the charge is on an 0% card anyway so I don't mind waiting - plus Topcashback has tracked and it's a Tesco card so some points there too!

Provided it works - I would have liked it in writing but the downside of Holiday Extras vs Essential Travel's guarantee is that you seem to have to call up for it and I got a call back about it, rather than being done via email. I might still send an email asking for confirmation, I didn't think of that when my phone rang just now as I'm at work and needed to end the call as quickly as I could!

All in all, as long as it works, I'm pretty happy with that for a night in a decent hotel plus 6 days parking, thanks gang!
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RachVG wrote: »
    Essential Travel might have ended their "free if" guarantee for the hotel + parking, but Holiday Extras (part of the same company I believe) haven't - I just got a call to say my claim has been successful, so I'll get £202.80 refunded to my card on my return! We're going in November and the charge is on an 0% card anyway so I don't mind waiting - plus Topcashback has tracked and it's a Tesco card so some points there too!

Provided it works - I would have liked it in writing but the downside of Holiday Extras vs Essential Travel's guarantee is that you seem to have to call up for it and I got a call back about it, rather than being done via email. I might still send an email asking for confirmation, I didn't think of that when my phone rang just now as I'm at work and needed to end the call as quickly as I could!

All in all, as long as it works, I'm pretty happy with that for a night in a decent hotel plus 6 days parking, thanks gang!

Where did you find the cheaper quote?
  • RachVG
    RachVG Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked Heathrow/Windsor Marriott - thanks to GlennTheBaker's claim being for Heathrow Marriott, I checked there first but their prices matched, and then it occurred to me to check if there were any other Marriotts. Luckily there was one and this time the Marriott's site had a lower price.

Holiday Extras and Essential Travel have both now had their prices lowered to match the Marriott site, but it might be worth checking Marriotts at other airports!
  • mfe251983
    Options
    Just been emailed the promo-code TRAVEL10 which gives 10% off car parking at Manchester Airport. Tried it myself just now and worked a treat. Saved me a few quid for ibiza next week. Only works on the airport's own website I think manchesterairport.co.uk
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hi can anyone help me i can book a supersaver rate with ncl aiport parking which is cheaper than essential travel but there's isnt a supersaver rate will this be eligable for a refund ? hope that makes sense cheers
  • Lambino
    Options
    Many thanks Blindman.........
    After reading your post at the weekend, booked parking with ES on Saturday evening, and immediately emailed the cheaper quote.
    Received an email this afternoon (monday);
    Hello, I'm pleased to advise your price match is successful. The refund of £67.80 will show back into your account in the next 3-5 working days. So you now have your parking for free!
    Regards
    Becky

Happy days.........

For the poster who needed to know how to attach a screen shot to an email;

When you are on the web page that you wish to copy to the email, press the Print Screen/ SysRq button on your keyboard> go the email (have it open ready) and right click on your mouse>select paste.... and voila!!
  • niallmitch
    Options
    Cant thank Blindman enough for this tip:

Gatwick Two weeks next July parking with APH Meet and Greet - £102 through essential travel

Through Purple Parking £99

Emailed receive 10 minutes ago confirming refund :rotfl::beer:

Plus £13 tracked through Quidco

blindman wrote: »
    Essential travel have a price guarantee which seems to be fallible- i.e you can find prices to beat them and hence get free parking.

The credit goes to hotUKdeals

I’m just mentioning it here as I’ve not seen it on MSE and it still seems to be valid

I got a 21 day parking stint at LHR for free (Purple Parking with ITT code was £70) by getting their quote(for another car park provider) and then finding a cheaper one with the same provider.

I paid for their quote (and just to be safe added the 50p claim waiver fee) and then emailed CS.
    I was contacted by their CS within 24 hours who told me my claim was valid and my CC was refunded the original cost 3 working days later.

I used Airport-parking- Shop to find cheaper comparisons. There are other such as
    Parking4less.

Oh and don't forget to go Through Quidco or TCB-Quidco tracked for me-and I got paid £7.00 to park.:D

Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure