Praise to Every Delivery Driver But Royal Mail

Options

Comments

• K80_Black
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    How exactly I'd it DPDs fault that the manufacturer failed to hand the freezer over to them? It's the retailer or manufacturer you should be blaming not DPD.

Also not the cleverest idea to order a big frozen food shop for the same day as your freezer delivery, even if it had arrived they need to be left to stand for several hours before being turned on, then allowed to cool down before putting anything in it so it would have been unlikely to be ready to have your food put in until the next day anyway. Or it could have arrived faulty or damaged, or the wrong item received. There is lots that could go wrong so it's common sense to wait until it is in situ and working before ordering the food.

DPD are the people who sent me the email saying my freezer would be arriving a certain day, not the manufacturer. As I said, I don't mind the delay. I mind being told wrong information. Not waiting til they have the item in hand before sending out an email with an arrival date is all on them, not the manufacturer.

I had issues with my usual food delivery the day before, and needed a delivery on Wednesday anyway. Is it more money saving to combine a freezer shop with my usual delivery or to order separately?! I had the food arriving at 10pm - plenty of time had the freezer arrived when they said! Modern freezers need to stand for 4 hours maximum, and take less than 30 minutes to cool. Frozen food will stay frozen in a freezer that is standing and not turned on for hours too.

Hindsight is 20/20, easy to say it's not smart to expect things to go right after they've gone wrong - but if you don't trust people to arrive when they say, how are you expected to plan anything?
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    K80_Black wrote: »
    DPD are the people who sent me the email saying my freezer would be arriving a certain day, not the manufacturer. As I said, I don't mind the delay. I mind being told wrong information. Not waiting til they have the item in hand before sending out an email with an arrival date is all on them, not the manufacturer.

I'm not 100% sure its DPD that controls those emails, as I get many which come from the company Ive bought from telling me about the delivery, so some companies must have some link up with the DPD system saying what day they are coming.

I didnt write the system so I cant be sure, but I dont think DPD physically send them out themselves when the item is in hand.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DPD are the people who sent metheemail saying my freezer would be arriving a certain day, not the manufacturer. As I said, I don't mind the delay. I mind being told wrong information. Not waiting til they have the item in hand before sending out an email with an arrival date is all on them, not the manufacturer.

So they did the same as you ie you ordered your frozen goods before you had the item in hand. What's good for the goose............
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • K80_Black
    Options
    I dont think DPD physically send them out themselves when the item is in hand.

No, they don't, but they should!

It's not from the company I bought from - according to them it was dispatched this monday! The entire thing was an absolute shambles from start to finish.

parkrunner wrote: »
    So they did the same as you ie you ordered your frozen goods before you had the item in hand. What's good for the goose............

I don't charge people to deliver food to my house. The opposite, in fact.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am very surprised any company would accept a return of frozen food that had been sent out.
  • K80_Black
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    I am very surprised any company would accept a return of frozen food that had been sent out.

When I realised that I could not store my frozen food, I contacted the shop (Asda) - they advised me I could either cancel my entire order or refuse the frozen goods and take delivery of the rest, it didn't matter to them as it was already picked and on the van - either way I would not be charged for the frozen food I had ordered if I did not accept it (for which I am grateful, but it's still upsetting it's probably gone to waste!).

This is where me and DPD differ again - as soon as I realised there was an issue, I contacted the other people involved to see what could be done to minimise inconvenience all around. Had it not been picked and packed onto a van, I would have happily canceled the entire order if possible, to save perfectly good food from becoming landfill.
  • parkrunner
    Options

I don't charge people to deliver food to my house. The opposite, in fact.[/QUOTE]

Completely irrelevant, you were complaining about them doing exactly what you did.
  • K80_Black
    Options

Completely irrelevant, you were complaining about them doing exactly what you did.

No, I did something completely different.

I made plans based on the information given to me by them. When I realised there was a problem with my plans after making plans on false information, I did everything in my power to rectify the situation.

They made me waste a day sitting at home, chasing them up through multiple channels.

How are they in any way the same?
  • PatrickJohnson
    Options
    I've had RM leave a string of 'Signed for' deliveries outside my house recently.

Convenient for me because I didn't have to go to the depot, but probably not what the senders expected!
  • parkrunner
    Options
    I don't charge people to deliver food to my house. The opposite, in fact.

Completely irrelevant, you were complaining about them doing exactly what you did.[/QUOTE]
    No, I did something completely different.

How are they in any way the same?

I quote,

"Not waiting til they have the item in hand before sending out an email with an arrival date is all on them, not the manufacturer."

You are complaining that they sent you an email with an arrival date before they had the goods, that was based on the manufacturer's information to them. You then placed a frozen food order in exactly the same way, ie you both accepted what you had been told without receipt of the freezer. If they were wrong then so were you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport