Praise to Every Delivery Driver But Royal Mail

Options
My boyfriend and I both work during the say so we miss the deliveries if they are too big for the post box. When we get a delivery through 99% of other delivery driver use their noggin and leave it somewhere hidden for us. "behind the fox" is the funniest one I've gotten so far! :rotfl: I have a fox statue in my garden and the parcel was hidden behind it. Anyway, Royal Mail never like to do this, or even bother to hand it to next door (like Amazon do). So I have to drive all the way into town to get my parcel, which is fine but they shut at 12:30 most days!! :(

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    My boyfriend and I both work during the say so we miss the deliveries if they are too big for the post box. When we get a delivery through 99% of other delivery driver use their noggin and leave it somewhere hidden for us. "behind the fox" is the funniest one I've gotten so far! :rotfl: I have a fox statue in my garden and the parcel was hidden behind it. Anyway, Royal Mail never like to do this, or even bother to hand it to next door (like Amazon do). So I have to drive all the way into town to get my parcel, which is fine but they shut at 12:30 most days!! :(

Cue someone else moaning 'I'm so happy RM take my parcels back to the safe depot, as DPD left a parcel behind my wheelie bin and someone nicked it. I never said they could leave it there!!!'

You cant please everyone.
  • societys_child
    Options
    I thought you could arrange a safe place or neighbour with RM?
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know someone who was in the bath in the rear of their house and someone shoved a parcel through an open window and it landed in the bath :)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2018 at 9:36PM
    Options

Low post count.

Is it a really huge fox.:D
    Yes, my Royal Mail depot too closes at 12.30 , but are open at 7.30 also..op..
    which I can manage.
    If It didn't I wouldn't chose Royal Mail as an option.
    It's down to your initial choices , op, of which you have many..;)
  • K80_Black
    Options
    I've had hell from DPD this week - waiting for a freezer to be delivered, get an email that says 'It will arrive on Wednesday!' - so I plan to stay in all Wednesday and have a big delivery of frozen food booked to arrive on Wednesday night. Wednesday comes, 3pm ish, no delivery, no text with a time - after calling them, using their chat, then emailing them I find out they're not coming.

I have to send back most of the frozen food, as it was too late to cancel the order.

Their reasoning was that it wasn't given to them on the day they expected. On Wednesday, my freezer was still with the manufacturer. I don't mind the delay at all, I do mind being told it'll be here on XYZ day when they don't even have the package yet!

Arrived on Friday, I got a text at 11am saying it'd be here between 2 and 3pm. Absolutely useless had I been at work, thankfully I was just in the local town and could head home.
  • charlotte1994
    Options
    Tallaght wrote: »
    I know someone who was in the bath in the rear of their house and someone shoved a parcel through an open window and it landed in the bath :)

That was convenient :rotfl:
  • charlotte1994
    Options
    K80_Black wrote: »
    I've had hell from DPD this week - waiting for a freezer to be delivered, get an email that says 'It will arrive on Wednesday!' - so I plan to stay in all Wednesday and have a big delivery of frozen food booked to arrive on Wednesday night. Wednesday comes, 3pm ish, no delivery, no text with a time - after calling them, using their chat, then emailing them I find out they're not coming.

I have to send back most of the frozen food, as it was too late to cancel the order.

Their reasoning was that it wasn't given to them on the day they expected. On Wednesday, my freezer was still with the manufacturer. I don't mind the delay at all, I do mind being told it'll be here on XYZ day when they don't even have the package yet!

Arrived on Friday, I got a text at 11am saying it'd be here between 2 and 3pm. Absolutely useless had I been at work, thankfully I was just in the local town and could head home.

I hate this, especially when people book days off work for the delivery!! If the delivery companies promise a set date then they should stick to it, or pay your wages for that day if they don't turn up! :mad: What makes it more annoying is that you have to contact *them* to see if they are coming or not!!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

How exactly I'd it DPDs fault that the manufacturer failed to hand the freezer over to them? It's the retailer or manufacturer you should be blaming not DPD.

Also not the cleverest idea to order a big frozen food shop for the same day as your freezer delivery, even if it had arrived they need to be left to stand for several hours before being turned on, then allowed to cool down before putting anything in it so it would have been unlikely to be ready to have your food put in until the next day anyway. Or it could have arrived faulty or damaged, or the wrong item received. There is lots that could go wrong so it's common sense to wait until it is in situ and working before ordering the food.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Well frankly that is silly. No delivery is guaranteed to happen so a frozen food order should only be made after delivery and making sure the freezer works.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport