ESA 50 form lost

Options
hi, i sent my completed 50 form back begining of November signed for and checked and it was
have not heard anything from them till today
today they have sent me exactly the same form and letter says it has to be back mid feb

i can only guess they have lost the original
is it worth phoning monday?
has anybody had the same?
the thought of going through the filling form again fills me with dread

many thanks

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you printed out a copy of the Royal Mail tracking that shows it was signed for?

It will be worth phoning Monday to ask why they have sent you a form when they have signed to say they have received the form you sent in November. If they still want you to fill a new form in because they claim they have lost yours since it arrived, I would ask about whether they will backdate your claim. If not, complaint to the DWP, but do this after you have filled in the new form, and send the form in with a covering letter and copy of the proof they signed for the orginal form and state that you expect them to backdate your claim.

Presumably you kept a photocopy of the form before you sent it in? If not, you have now learned the value of doing so.

Good luck
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    thanks,i dont understand why i need it backdated as im getting my full ESA with SDP,its as if this is the first time they have contacted me and giving me 4 wks to complete

who best to phone first monday DWP or maximus??

yesi have original 50 copied and with me so will make it easier to fill in,so glad i did
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is very strange. If they hadn't received the first ESA50 form then your ESA would most likely have stopped and you may have been found fit for work for failing to return the form. I'd ring them on Monday.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    hi,yes very strange.i luckily kept the original letter from October asking me to fill the form out and to send back by 4wks, the letter and form is exactly the same as then just differrent dates has to be back 19th feb 2019

i am due a 2 week payment this coming friday

who is best to contact first? DWP or assesment centre?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DWP, the assessment centre just do the face to face assessment. DWP deal with all the paperwork.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    ok thank you,will update once i speak to them monday
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would have been easier to stick to one thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5951916 the one you started 2 days ago.....
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    the letter and form is exactly the same as then just differrent dates has to be back 19th feb 2019

i am due a 2 week payment this coming friday
    Whether it's first claim or re-assessment everyone is sent the same form...ESA50, work capability form.

If they hadn't received your first one then your ESA would have stopped months ago because there's no extension of time for returning the ESA50 form.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    45002 wrote: »
    Would have been easier to stick to one thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5951916 the one you started 2 days ago.....

not really as they are two seperate ?? and people that had kindly posted on my previous thread may not have clicked on with advice as thinking they had already posted on that thread
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    morning what a couple of hrs on the phone to dwp and maximus

phoned DWP basically they had no idea why sent a new form and to phone maximus.naximus said nothing to do with them and the dwp has requested the file to be returned to them (dwp) as they have nothing to do with requesting forms and they just do what the dwp says

back on the phone to dwp, a very nice lady looked into it as much as she could and also is a loss, but checked my payment for this fridaywould be ok, she has now sent an email to the assesment dept to sought it out and they will get back to me within 4 days

basically none the wiser

dwp lady asked if maximus had recieved the 1st esa50 sent in November signed for, i forgot to ask them but i would imagine if not my money would of stopped weeks ago

i can see this being along week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport