ESA 50 form lost

Options

Comments

• ilovechristmas1
    Options
    so does my update make sense then??
  • scullabogue
    Options
    Yes it does. I wouldn't bother ringing again - just wait for a letter to come out to you. It isn't that you were convicted of assault in itself but the fact that your statements or behaviour previously or in the current ESA50 make the DWP judge that you are PV/UCB. It does mean - usually - that you cannot attend a Jobcentre which for some claimants would be a big negative. They are also legally obliged to inform some other agencies that you are PV/UCB so for many people it is a big disadvantage. Claimants can ask for the marking to be reviewed with a view to removal.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    Yes it does. I wouldn't bother ringing again - just wait for a letter to come out to you. It isn't that you were convicted of assault in itself but the fact that your statements or behaviour previously or in the current ESA50 make the DWP judge that you are PV/UCB. It does mean - usually - that you cannot attend a Jobcentre which for some claimants would be a big negative. They are also legally obliged to inform some other agencies that you are PV/UCB so for many people it is a big disadvantage. Claimants can ask for the marking to be reviewed with a view to removal.

yes agree wont bother phoning and thank you for the explanation it makes sense

many thanks
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,175 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PV= Potentially Violent. Now replaced by UCB which is Unacceptable Customer Behaviour. Same thing but sounds more PC. Maximus will never do home visits with those marked UCB and rarely face to face. ATOS were/are the same.

Thats interesting, so what do they do to substitute the f2f?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    Thats interesting, so what do they do to substitute the f2f?
    It would be a paper based assessment. With UCB that's most likely enough evidence for Support Group through reg 35.
  • Chrysalis
    Options
    So basically it just goes in a loop with continued SG without a f2f purely on the basis of a UCB marker?
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    well its with the decision maker at the moment,no idea what happens if he knocks it back
  • Chrysalis
    Options
    it sounds like as poppy said a paper recommendation was made.
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    will keep this thread informed when i hear either way
  • ilovechristmas1
    Options
    hi its been awhile but said i would update

approx 10wks ago had still not heard anything either way and then an assessment letter with a date came through

phoned esa and said i needed an assessment but didn t need another esa50,no idea after what has previously happened

anyway attended and saw a very nice woman who was very easy to talk to

upshot is still in support review is NOV 2020 which is fine and they always go over and asked for the report said scored 15 points and section 34 whatever that means ?if anybody knows

so after all that all good

thanks for the advice given
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family