PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in this week

Quite a bit of flying done here at the weekend, loads of stuff sorted out. And the washing mountain is under control. Day to day clothes all up to date and skiing stuff is all done and put away for another year. I still have all our sailing coats and stuff to wash and the spare sofa covers and the living room curtains need doing. So will still be trying to run the machine at least once a but more when possible.

Now that the bathroom floor is clear of washing I want to get on with sorting the bathroom out and tidying it up. Currently the second sink is full of spare toiletries and other junk. We emptied our boat as it has been sold and so all the toiletries and first aid stuff has ended up in the sink. I will not be buying shower gel for a while.

Living room and kitchen still nice and tidy and paperwork is under control, not up to date but in order. My plan is to try and keep it that way and then gradually get other parts of the house sorted. I need to learn to keep on top of day to day tidying and not let it get in a big mess.

Just finished my sandwich (late lunch) so going to have a coffee and bit of yesterday's crumble. Then had better get a move on in the house.

See you later!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 3:23PM
    Options
    Sorry you had a crap birthday, Jojo.

(((Hugs))) to everyone suffering with BD, puppies or giant dogs, or anxiety. Please don't forget that it's quite normal at this time of year to feel very beleaguered because Christmas is over and Easter is a long way off. Light levels are dreadful, which makes everything seem worse. We will get through this. I've got a big pile of sticks for anyone who wants to help themselves.

Foodbank shift done, first load of gibble has gone to the CS, plan to dispose of second load put on hold as OH needs the car this afternoon. I've got a set of minutes to do that will take all afternoon, but around that time I will also:

Admin: Minutes
    Self: Sort drawer under the bed
    [STRIKE]House: CS basket etc on the landing[/STRIKE]
    Flying: Strip double and do WMx1
    Reading: Another newspaper
    Food: Favourite supper.
    Better is good enough.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After a slow start I did eventually get going a bit.

WM x 2
    Bathroom floor and sinks cleared. Undersink unit sorted, won't be buying much for a while. Both girls moved back home over the summer so brought their leftovers then stocked up with new when they moved out in September so I have quite an assortment.

Slinky is back on here, aiming to lose something each month. Although I think I'm going to have a glass of wine and watch 'king of the cakes' on tv.

Sticks being thrown for all those 'dogs'
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Evening all,

Busy busy day at work. Just got the kids to bed, I've eaten my dinner already. DW to go on, I will also mop the kitchen floor before I go up to bed. But for now, Harry Potter and a brew xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    He's finally cleaned the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen isn't looking too bad, either.

[strike]So I decided to make some bread and spilled flour over the floor[/strike].
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • notimetospare
    Options
    Hi there ,
    I’m late to the party but I’m in this week 😁
    Have been a bit rebellious today and done my own thing 😜
    However will catch up with today’s list tomorrow.
    Have completely decluttered my wardrobe and drawers today. 3 bags for the charity shop, 2 large bin bags to the tip, and an old computer slung in the loft (as apparently it may come in handy ??)
    Sorry to hear some of you are going through difficult times x
    See you soon x
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thank you for the sticks for the dog. It's going to be a turbulent week, but at this precise moment I feel ok. Thoughts are with those struggling. I am no further forward with my list. I just want to sleep.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all
    Lots of sticks thrown for all those BDs. Help yourselves to spares x
    Busy day at work. Jack of all trades doesn’t even start to cover it. Tomorrow is a day off. A lunch date has been postponed to next week so I’ve no excuse not to get on with the lists in the morning.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lots of sticks thrown for BD.
    Went to gym class x 2
    Bravely made drs appt for Fri; I hate drs
    Finished and emailed a report.
    Did flowers for guest room as my brother arrives today, replenished lounge one.
    Put away various things round the house.
    Mr N kindly went to Tesc0 while I was having my 1st drum lesson! Fantastic, my favourite Christmas present.
    Er, is that all I've done?
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Do you know this is the only place I can talk about my anxiety honestly and feel that people really understand? It was a good day at work, and I made it to my gym class, but I had two heart thumping, sweaty, I am going to die in a minute, anxious moments. One queuing in the bank and one going through some work with my assistant. Gritted my teeth and carried on. It will pass.

On my own lists this week so car washed, two casseroles made (one meat one veggie), LR dusted, hoovered and fire cleaned out, DW emptied, one bed stripped and washed, doggie blankets washed and dried. Bedtime soon.

Thanks all, group hugs all round, we made it through Monday x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport