PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• creative_gal
    creative_gal Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I had intended to pop to M&S last night to take advantage of late night opening and maybe picky up something YS for dinner, but due to the weather, it was shut by the time I got there after work. Hence, dinner was a shared can of Asda chicken soup, with buttered bread slices for me and cheese topped rolls for hubby.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We will either be having Lamb Tagine or Lamb and barley stew, I would prefer the Tagine, but DS and DH gave me the look when I mentioned it, so I suspect it will be the stew.

I bought bird food yesterday and have put more fresh water out, will on it regularly throughout the day.

Stay warm and safe everyone
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you're all staying warm and safe!

Lunch will be some more of the German Lentil Soup with toast and supper this evening will be a Quorn Steak Strip Thai Red Curry with Chilli Rice, I've got the Quorn cookery book (charity shop find) and all the recipes I've tried from it have been most acceptable. Think I'd use slightly more red curry paste next time I make it but it is very tasty. Bananas and plain skyr for pudding and the usual coffee.

SUKI I hope that was meant to read scRummy and not sCummy??? Giggle, giggle giggle.......
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We'll be having the curries we didn't eat yesterday as we fell asleep in front of the roaring fire.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yesterday I forgot to defrost anything so had a sort of corned beef hash with eggs 'poached' in the top, was very tasty, will have the leftovers with an egg for lunch.
    tonight I was looking forward to making a curry but dad said he'd rather have chicken in mushroom sauce, will have it with roast potatoes and cabbage. there will be lots of leftovers so will have more of it tomorrow and there'll be some left for the freezer.
    note to self.... label the leftovers before freezing :D
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    fajitas tonight with spicy rice
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    HM minestrone soup with a bread roll for lunch. Tonight we're having hm battered cod with oven chips and mushy peas.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Breaded haddock, wedges, peas & broccoli
  • metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    Steamed salmon and broccoli, with boiled corn on the cob this evening.
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 March 2018 at 8:39PM
    Options
    Lunch- smoked salmon sandwich with spinach and cucumber.

Dinner - homemade lasagna with salad and flat bread

Pudding - homemade plum crumble and custard
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills