Prepaid Travel Cards guide

Options

Comments

• hellofcd
    hellofcd Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I've signed up for WeSwap through the MSE link, they've given me 1 year fee free but after loading £50 I haven't received the £10 bonus. Anyone had a similar problem?
  • wmike62
    Options
    Yes. precisely the same issue. No commission perk but not got the £10 perk. E mailed We Swap. So far no response. Beginning to think this is not going to work out as planned.
  • ditdotdat
    Options
    I signed up with Revolut using the MSE code, and added £100 via a bank transfer. It took a while for the money to appear; I sent it at about 13:00 and it arrived just before midnight.

I didn't get the £5 bonus so I contacted Support via the app. They were very responsive and added the bonus manually immediately.

This does seem like a remarkably smooth, well-wriitten app, and an easy, frictionless service, I hope it manages to find a way to make money and become well-established. It's much better than anything any of the banks are currently offering.
  • CheltenhamRose
    Options
    I'm travelling to Costa Rica and thinking a pre-paid travel card is my best option (in conjunction with my existing Nationwide Select Credit Card). I may need to pay in USD as well as the local currency of Colones. Can anyone comment on whether I would be better off with Kalixa Pay or Revolut. Thank you.
  • otherwayup
    otherwayup Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a ukash euro pre-paid mastercard but I'm a bit weary about topping it up as the website says they are not issuing new cards.

Wondering if they can still issue replacement cards if lost whilst abroad, etc.

Tried google, but can't find much on what's happened and if they are still safe.

As MSE recommended the card, I thought there might be some info. about the situation on the travel money section, but I can't see anything. ukash has just dropped off their list of recommended cards.

Anyone know (not guess/speculate) the situation?

Thansk.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    otherwayup wrote: »
    I've got a ukash euro pre-paid mastercard but I'm a bit weary about topping it up as the website says they are not issuing new cards.

Wondering if they can still issue replacement cards if lost whilst abroad, etc.

Tried google, but can't find much on what's happened and if they are still safe.

As MSE recommended the card, I thought there might be some info. about the situation on the travel money section, but I can't see anything. ukash has just dropped off their list of recommended cards.

Anyone know (not guess/speculate) the situation?

Thansk.

It's been aforementioned. Skrill purchased UKASH. UKASH MD/CEO just stepped down. I guess products will be consolidated. I expect that existing Travel Money users will continue to be serviced.

http://www.igamingbusiness.com/news/ukash-ceo-steps-down-skrill-completes-takeover
  • advisemepls_2
    Options
    Have been trying to log in since received the mse email, but keeps saying there is an error and still have not been able to register for the card. not impressed
  • Snuggleup1978
    Options
    Downloaded Revolut onto my iPhone. No issues and received £5 promotion. Also received update instructing me to send texts to friends and for everyone that downloads Revolut I received and additional £5. Extra £10 so far and hopefully more to come
  • scottiejambo
    Options
    I too signed up for WeSwap through the MSE link, but after loading £50 I also haven't received the £10 bonus :-(
    if i had known then what i know now
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Downloaded Revolut onto my iPhone. No issues and received £5 promotion. Also received update instructing me to send texts to friends and for everyone that downloads Revolut I received and additional £5. Extra £10 so far and hopefully more to come

I "invited" my wife to sign up hoping that she could get the MSE £5 and I'd get the referral £5. However when she came to register there was no option for giving an invite code, so presumably the app must have been able to access her mobile number - and recognise it as one that had been sent an "invite a friend" text - even before she typed in her number. I got the referral £5 ok though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback