Mattress Return Distance Selling Regulations

Options

Comments

• allstar4eva
    allstar4eva Posts: 206 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2010 at 12:44AM
    Options
    Exactly - that's why I am surprised. My wife is pregnant and has a bad back as a result of a car accident in the last 2 weeks. This is why we refused to sleep on a mattress that was clearly not suitable for us. We used Tim because we had confidence in him gained from this site. After our experience with the first mattress we wanted to go somewhere and try before we buy - even if that means paying more.

I would love him to come on here and answer on line but he refuses to do this. Instead threatening me with legal action (!) if I made innaccurate or libellous statements. I am extremely disappointed with the whole thing.

I suspect he expected me to back down when he mentioned me having to return the mattress at my expense but I would have delivered it personally myself if I had to just over the principle of the matter.

Correction - he threatened legal action for libellous or inaccurate posts - not for just airing my thoughts.
  • allstar4eva
    Options
    So Tim - I ask you online Will you refund me as per DSRs?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    My experiences of Tim on this site have been fairly positive. I would have thought he'd know better.

Whilst he is knowledgeable, he is very set in his opinions and often unwilling to listen to the opinions of others.

I too would be interested to know how this spans out ...
    Gone ... or have I?
  • allstar4eva
    Options
    I just want my money back so I can go and buy a bed from somewhere I can try it out first.
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Why are you posting the same question on several legal forums ? Are you looking for different responses ?
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • allstar4eva
    allstar4eva Posts: 206 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2010 at 10:46PM
    Options
    I was trying to get Tim to come on here and reply to me online so I posted on threads where he had posted recently. In hindsight perhaps that was not the right thing to do. I'll remove the other posts.

RE: other forums. I was anxious to find out my correct legal position.
  • allstar4eva
    Options
    It sounds like Tim has a healthy business with a good reputation and many satisfied customers so I will not reveal all details of our communication as it may not help people overall.

I do however want my money back.
  • sunshinetours
    Options
    Hope you get it sorted. My experience with two purchases from Tim's company has been nothing but positive. That doesn't of course mean your complaint is not valid, just pointing out.
    Its always the risk of posting visibly through your company on these forums that if there is a problem it will become much more "public" than a complaint might normally be - hope it all gets sorted
  • allstar4eva
    Options
    Sunshinetours,

Did you request a refund though? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a refund from Tim.

I am a reasonable person. I spent up to an hour and a half on the phone to Tim over this in the past week. In addition we have exchanged close to 100 emails! I also made it clear that I would raise the issue on MSE to get impartial views on the situation and gave him time to resolve the situation before posting so this is very much a last resort. Even last night I received emails from Tim at after 1:00am in the morning stating that he would not use his van to collect the goods as he felt his employees were in danger of verbal and physical abuse!

This is almost laughable! I simply want my money back. I paid cash on delivery so I would also like to be refunded by cash on collection - there is no need to inspect goods in a factory - especially as they are all still sealed apart from the mattress.
  • allstar4eva
    Options
    By the way I have never threatened Tim or his staff so that claim is ludicrous.

I can only guess that he saw my offer to personally deliver the goods to the factory if I had to as a threat? This was to ensure that the bed would not get 'dirty' once it left my property. There was no threat or any form of abuse and I did not swear at him verbally or in written format. I have all emails stored to back this up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure