NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It was a NSD yesterday 4/16 :). I've a few things to get from the supermarket today but aiming to spend under £10.

Made a teeny tiny payment to the debt this morning £1.59 :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat, runny nose and cough. Thought "Oh no. That's me getting it too" but a day sleeping and drinking lemon and ginger tea seems to have helped. Feeling much better today so onwards and upwards.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NSD 3 today. Now for the Easter hols... eeeep!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    Options
    Feeling much better now. Meals planned for next week. All the main ingredients coming from freezer apart from a Dine in for Two chicken (serves three of us) which I'll buy tomorrow using a voucher I got for Christmas. Should only have to buy veg (Aldi have a great Super Six starting on Sunday) and milk. Maybe bread. Did a bit of batch cooking and general tidying.
    Just had a lovely long shower and am going to bed shortly with book and tea.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for having vouchers which covered about half of the cinema visit costs, for getting the cinema visit done and dusted early so we could all then recover from the volume level, for the lovely weather making things more relaxing, for cuddles with dd, for a quick catch up with big sis, for all the greenery, for my fishcakes not turning to fishmush, for my lovely dh, for my gorgeous dd, for my parents who did their best.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    mothernerd - hope you heal quickly

Skintteacher - belated birthday greetings! :)

Didn't make it to Sains yesterday nor today, so 2 more NSDs :) Will go tomorrow morning instead. Not very restful here at the mo - charity I volunteer for/ am Treasurer and a Trustee of have some premises issues, so we are on the hunt for new ones asap.

Thankfulness for today and yesterday:
    * an hour in the sun with my sister
    * my sister's pregnancy progressing :)
    * my gorgeous DD getting next year's uni accom sorted
    * school finishing today - all 3 boys are now at home and I have no more work for 3 weeks :)
    * gorgeous weather yesterday and today
    * lots of line-dried washing
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not in pain, thank you for your good wishes - just tired and sore if I accidently touch my elbow (bath water hurt when I first got in.

Slow start then I went to mum's. Lots of curtain sewing whilst watching old tv programmes. Claiming a NSD as mum gave me taxi money which more than covered the cost (+ money for thr trimming, money for the carer's flowers from last week, egg money and 2 birthday cards for the boys).

Home now (with the curtains to finish) planning to rest and finish my book).

Today I am grateful for the trimming being fairly easy to sew, that it really improves a pair of boring beige curtains and for easy food (took it with me).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2017 at 9:59PM
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Today has been a bad and good day. Bad news is that I have mice in my flat. Around two weeks ago I started hearing rustling noises in my bedroom early in the morning which I put down to having clutter lying around on the floor. One thing I had on the floor was a packet of four Ferrero Rocher chocolates and this morning I woke to find out one had been torn through and eaten. I also found what looked like mice droppings around the area. Went into the kitchen and cupboard hall where I also found the offending items. Called someone to come out and have a look and he confirmed their presence. Asked if it was because my house wasn’t the cleanest but he said no they are coming through gaps in the pipes from where I had my central heating installed last year. Anyway traps have been laid down and he said they should all be gone within two weeks. He will come back to confirm the treatment has worked and I can then work on filling the gaps to prevent them getting in again.

Nonetheless it made me realise my flat does need a good de-cluttering and a thorough clean so today I have worked on clearing the mess that was lying on the bedroom and kitchen floor. Over the rest of the month I will give everything in the house a place and have a good scrub around all the rooms.

The man that came out handled the job in about 10 mins with a fee of £30. Unfortunately I didn’t have cash on me so he is coming back to collect tomorrow meaning as I have not paid yet I have managed to make today my 3rd NSD of the month.

Other than that I walked the little one to the childminders to get some exercise. Haven’t done any surveys as I was too busy googling solutions to deal with mice (plus scaring myself silly)! Have had an email to say there is a book for me to collect at the library, will try and collect tomorrow as it’s a Lisa Gardner one who I really like.

Happy belated birthday SkintTeacher.

P.S. The clothes I had bagged up for charity were collected today.

P.P.S. Am dragging my mattress into the living room and sleeping there for the next few nights (or possibly two weeks!)
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening!

Late night check-in here...

Today I am grateful for:
    • My online game which helps me de-stress
    • Fresh, clear running water anytime
    • A warm, comfortable bed to sleep in
    Today = NSD number 3 (at last!)

Happy belated Birthday SkintTeacher!!!
    Hugs Mothernerd - more water with it next time ;)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi folks

Did a trip to Sainsbobs yesterday collect some clothes ordered in the sale. Whilst there got few bits fruit and veg. Then drifted to the wine department 6 bottles with 25% off stocked up in case of Snow ;-) and it only cost me cash 18p, good old vouchers. Already paid clothes when ordered.

Today had lunch out with dd I was craving red meat think just overtired so opted for burger. Yummy never usually eat them but couldn't face fish again.

This Fitbit is killing me, actually got me moving up and down from my desk more. Walking has increased as well no weight loss as yet to report.

Skint teacher happy belated birthday wishes x

Mothernerd or is it Poison ivy - take it easy. Glad your alright.

Swimmingina seaof debt - Nuisance my daughter had similar problems where holes been drilled got in. Daughter got some mousetraps as nothing happened with the humane ones, turns out it was a rat. Massive how they caught in small trap I never know. Glad they did with a baby in the house .
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure