MSE News: Giffgaff tops mobile phone customer service poll

Options

Comments

• MasterMan
    Options
    I realise this poll isn't perfect, but I would say it shows the general consensus of people I know. Vodafone is regarded as pretty poor service and those with Giffgaff (most of my family) tend to not need assistance because of their way of working.
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 17 October 2015 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Vodafone seem to consistently be in the firing line for complaints on here and all over the web. There was a thread on their own website where a large number of people seemed to be without service due to number porting. One poster even said happy first birthday porting nightmare thread on the upside I only have a year to go before I can dump Vodafone. So even after a year people were still having problems with porting alone.

One thing that irritaed me with them was they would "escalate" the issue and promised a call back on numerous occasions which never materialised and whenever I asked why it hadn't happened I was told there was no record.

I do wonder if Vodafone treat their customers such as the NHS like that as they have the NHS mobile contract. Or do they reserve the rag order customer service to just us?
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Giffgaff customers receive £10 (temporarily increased from £5) for referring a customer to giffgaff so unsurprisingly the recommendations are pretty good. ;)

If you actually read their forums you'll see the regular threads about poor customer service, which inevitably get shot down by forum members who are paid depending on their "contribution" to the forum each month.

Their data throughput leaves a lot to be desired. Again - plenty of posts on their forums but they are shot down by people who claim their data speeds are brilliant. Imagine telling your GP you are experiencing knee pain only to be told that his/her knees are fine. :rotfl:

Giffgaff is no longer competitive. Three PAYG (link) is a more competitive option for low usage customers. Post Office Mobile (link) offers more for £5 and £10 a month than giffgaff.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I do wonder if Vodafone treat their customers such as the NHS like that as they have the NHS mobile contract. Or do they reserve the rag order customer service to just us?

I know of a couple of businesses that have moved their business because of the lack of vodafone customer service
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    I know of a couple of businesses that have moved their business because of the lack of vodafone customer service

Well the same call centres do 3UK, 3Ire and 3 AU care and they are no longer owned by Hutchison who sold on 3 Global arm of the Hutch group. When 3 AU and Voda AU merged Business customer care was provided by them aswell.

Not that Voda UK based third party is much better.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    my suspicions about O2 appear to be right. Giff gaff do have much better service coverage than O2 even though they piggy back.
    i suspect that O2 have neglected their older 3G customers and concentrated more on 4G thats rubbish, wasteful priority moments nonsence and waste of money "dog/cat" adverts.

thats why you're at the bottom of the poll O2.

just watch this space now! i predict O2 spits its dummy out with giff gaff like vodafone did with sainsburys!
  • kingrulzuk
    kingrulzuk Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    Is MSE gone mad. How much did they get paid by GiffGaff?
    What happens if you push this button?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    my suspicions about O2 appear to be right. Giff gaff do have much better service coverage than O2 even though they piggy back.
    i suspect that O2 have neglected their older 3G customers and concentrated more on 4G thats rubbish, wasteful priority moments nonsence and waste of money "dog/cat" adverts.

You do realise just how technologically impossible your statement is?
    ====
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    minislim wrote: »

just watch this space now! i predict O2 spits its dummy out with giff gaff like vodafone did with sainsburys!

Erm, erm....

No just NO!

GG being 100% owned by o2 cant have better coverage, it certainly should not even be on a poll for customer service when it does not have one.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    diamonds and d123. can you explain this then.
    i left O2 back in july 2013 because their reception was rubbish in the area i live plus were i work. plus their customer service was terrible too. They kept saying it was my old phone that was the problem not their network.
    i tried giff gaff and immediately found that reception was ton's better.
    i also tried tesco mobile (who also piggy back O2) and that was just as good.
    both of these where payg sims in my old phone.
    off that back of that i got my dad, sister and wife to all try the same as they were with O2 also.
    all with the same results.

so how is that impossible?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family