MSE News: Giffgaff tops mobile phone customer service poll

Options
Smaller mobile phone providers Giffgaff, Tesco Mobile and Asda Mobile have been voted best for customer service...
Read the full story:

Giffgaff tops mobile phone customer service poll as piggyback providers beat the big boys

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2015 at 9:53AM
    Options
    I'm amused by these polls, so many people apparently having to contact customer services.

Are there any surveys asking how many times you've needed to contact them in what time, and how many people don't actually know because they've never contacted them?

giffgaff's hypothesis is that the customers themselves can help with many of the things that arise. When you look at the huge volume of queries on their community, the amount of payback they stump up for redundant multiple answers to the same questions again and again, the number of staff keeping the forum in order, one wonders if it is working out quite as streamlined and cheap to run as they may have originally projected.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Giffgaff has better coverage than o2, flawed poll
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2015 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    Giffgaff has better coverage than o2, flawed poll

That is a bit idiotic, the o2 MVNOs, Giffgaff and Tesco are 1 and 2 for coverage and their actual network o2 comes in at 9.

Even worse, they have lumped the new EE network in with T-Mobile and Orange customers and decided that the network the whole industry is envious of only places at number 8 while the coverage on EE MVNO is rated number 3.

It looks like someone just put all the names in a hat and then pulled them out one by one as a list.
    ====
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    Unsurprised that Vodafone was the worst. Terrible customer service with reprsentatives bordering on cynical and rude. They cannot acknowledge or reply to a letter they sign for. Just my experiance but the results here speak for themselves.

Can't say I noticed any difference with their ££££ spending claims on customer service. Glad to drop them. Would never go back.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Dont you need customer service to win it ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Completely agree. I've had to deal with CS over the last few months after a big mistake on my account - first time I've had cause to ring them for about 5 years and it is shockingly bad. Reminds me of briefly having a business phone on Three a few years ago.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Second poll with Giffgaff top i have seen this week . Top on the yearly PC Pro readers survey .
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    That is a bit idiotic, the o2 MVNOs, Giffgaff and Tesco are 1 and 2 for coverage and their actual network o2 comes in at 9.

Even worse, they have lumped the new EE network in with T-Mobile and Orange customers and decided that the network the whole industry is envious of only places at number 8 while the coverage on EE MVNO is rated number 3.

It looks like someone just put all the names in a hat and then pulled them out one by one as a list.
    Or that people on MVNOs are more likely to be on pay as you go so don't stick around if coverage is poor.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Giffgaff doesn't have any customer service - it's "the mobile network run by you". The community of other users is where you get support.
    I find its coverage is about the same as O2, oddly enough...

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    Giffgaff doesn't have any customer service - it's "the mobile network run by you". The community of other users is where you get support.
    I find its coverage is about the same as O2, oddly enough...

Not always. For some issues, like a SIM card not working, and the replacement no improvement, the staff need to do it. At that stage they may be as good or bad as other companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure