IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking - NTK sent in wrong name

Options
Apologies if this has been answered, I did try searching to no avail. I know we need to look for faults in the NTK (no ticket, looks like it was ANPR), and it has been sent in the wrong name. Right surname but completely wrong first name (no one of that name exists here).

Is that a good start or not helpful at all?

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apologies if this has been answered, I did try searching to no avail. I know we need to look for faults in the NTK (no ticket, looks like it was ANPR), and it has been sent in the wrong name. Right surname but completely wrong first name (no one of that name exists here).

Is that a good start or not helpful at all?
    Please check the vehicle's Registration Document (V5c).
    Is the name of the Registered Keeper equally wrong there?

You now need to be reading the first post in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Send the already written blue text appeal that you will find there.

Send it without change - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.

What is the alleged transgression?
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Please check the vehicle's Registration Document (V5c).
    Is the name of the Registered Keeper equally wrong there?

You now need to be reading the first post in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Send the already written blue text appeal that you will find there.

Send it without change - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.

What is the alleged transgression?

Thanks for replying. The alleged transgression is "Failed to make a valid payment", and no the car has been in the correct name for like ten years.
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to appeal this online but the form is demanding personal details and I seem to remember being told not to give anything to them that they can use against me. Any advice for appealing to this company?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    appeal as KEEPER (not driver)

give them the name and address of the KEEPER if the V5C is correct, thereby appealing as the actual keeper using the correct details

dont give them data that they are not entitled to ask for

so name , address , pcn reference

use the blue text appeal to appeal it as keeper
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    Hi, I've received my obvious rejection. In my appeal, what grounds can I use regarding them using the incorrect name on the NTK? Thanks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2019 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Hi, I've received my obvious rejection. In my appeal, what grounds can I use regarding them using the incorrect name on the NTK? Thanks.

You could embed a copy of the V5C into your POPLA showing the correct name and argue they are chasing the wrong person, but you've dealt with the issue as there is no one else by that name at the address. They have issued a defective NtK, therefore they cannot hold you, as the keeper, liable for the charge.

Let's see how they handle that.

You add all the other appeal points as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

Just looking back over the thread, there's no indication as to how 'wrong' the name was. Was it typo of your name (near enough), or is it totally different?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    You could embed a copy of the V5C into your POPLA showing the correct name and argue they are chasing the wrong person, but you've dealt with the issue as there is no one else by that name at the address. They have issued a defective NtK, therefore they cannot hold you, as the keeper, liable for the charge.

Let's see how they handle that.

You add all the other appeal points as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

Just looking back over the thread, there's no indication as to how 'wrong' the name was. Was it typo of your name (near enough), or is it totally different?

It's a name with the same initial, but not the same name. And a character shorter than the real name. Surname is correct though.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    It's a name with the same initial, but not the same name. And a character shorter than the real name. Surname is correct though.

As in, by way of example, real name William, erroneous name Walter? Or is it much 'closer' than that
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    As in, by way of example, real name William, erroneous name Walter? Or is it much 'closer' than that

Like Jane instead of Joanne.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport