Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• mrkevms
    Options
    I tried to change my supply with them 10 days ago. When I heard nothing from them I contacted them again only for them to say they couldn't find my details. I think I'll try someone else.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had my 3rd monthly statement - no major issues so far

Statements
    Date Electricity Gas Total
    06/04/2018 £32.38 £18.75 £60.12 Download
    06/03/2018 £30.99 £21.06 £61.04 Download
    06/02/2018 £32.92 £22.63 £64.54 Download
  • you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    boliston wrote: »
    Just had my 3rd monthly statement - no major issues so far

Statements
    Date Electricity Gas Total
    06/04/2018 £32.38 £18.75 £60.12 Download
    06/03/2018 £30.99 £21.06 £61.04 Download
    06/02/2018 £32.92 £22.63 £64.54 Download

We,ve just moved to Outfox this week. No problems so far.

Could you please tell me when you supply meter readings?

We,ve always supplied readings to previous suppliers on the last day of every month.
  • Jos45640
    Options
    mrkevms wrote: »
    I tried to change my supply with them 10 days ago. When I heard nothing from them I contacted them again only for them to say they couldn't find my details. I think I'll try someone else.
    Consider it a lucky escape.
  • canary2211
    canary2211 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switched to elec only from BG in January - very easy. Seamless switch: well done both suppliers!

then moved onto fixed tariff with OTFM. We are very heavy users (electric Aga : -I know) so 10.1 per kwh fixed for 18 months plus 50p a day is a great deal :j
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We,ve just moved to Outfox this week. No problems so far.

Could you please tell me when you supply meter readings?

We,ve always supplied readings to previous suppliers on the last day of every month.

The actual date when my supply moved to outfox was 6th jan so to me it made sense to always take readings on the 6th as otherwise i would get an opening bill that would be high or low as not an exact month.
  • judikin
    Options
    I was supposed to switch my gas and electric to Outfox in March. In February Outfox told me there was an objection to my switch from my previous supplier. I immediately paid an outstanding balance on my account and the objection was removed. I told Outfox this and they told me the switch would proceed.
    I believed that the switch had gone through - gave Outfox my opening meter readings and have indeed given them subsequent readings. However today I noticed my old supplier was still taking direct debit payments, so phoned them and was told they were still supplying my gas. I checked on the Outfox hub but this was not helpful as my usage figures after two months have not yet been updated..
    I therefore contacted Outfox who told me they had taken over both the gas and electricity supply in early March. However my old supplier was insistent they were still supplying my gas, so Outfox checked again and found that their records were wrong, they had probably not reapplied to take over my gas after the objection, though they had taken over electricity.
    After about an hour on the phone/computer this afternoon I hope my gas switch is now going through - but I have been paying my old suppliers standard tariff prices for gas for the last two months while the weather has been so cold - and the switch will now not go through till the latter part of May. Outfox have taken two direct debit payments and have a substantial credit on my account. They have said they will look into a refund.
    So far I am unimpressed by the Outfox service and if you move to them my advise would be check with both Outfox and your old supplier that ALL your switch goes through at the time they tell you.
  • yogg
    yogg Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    i joined outfoxthemarket 3 months ago.
    the switch went without a hitch, i've saved £18/month and i couldn't be happier with the simple web portal.
    i'd recommend them to anyone.
    regards,
    yogg.
  • bobsonthegreat
    Options
    Saved myself £12 a month on my previous supplier. Switch went without a hitch, website is barebones but works, all investments go to renewable sources. Couldn't be happier.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,125 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I joined outfox the Market on 4/1/18 and gave them a reading on the morning of the 4/1/18. Although they claim to do monthly statements it was only yesterday that they were put into my account and they were wrong. I was on the British Gas free time until 31/3/18 but decided to move because British Gas added nearly £5 to my monthly Direct Debit.
    British Gas produced a final bill on the 17/1/18 with two readings for the electric the reading for the electric I paid for and the electric used in the free time, in my case a Sunday, now these two should have been added together by outfox the market but they were not. Al they did was take the highest reading of 7906 and say that I had used over £240 of electric in one month, they also upped my monthly electric payment from £8.99 to £11.99.

I am surprised they didn't up my monthly Direct debit as well given that they claimed I had used so much in one month. Even my local club doesn't use £240 a month in electric and gas combined. I emailed them last night and took a screen capture of the final readings and enclosed it as proof in an attachment and I am waiting for them to get back to me as the free time electric added to the reading is closer to the reading I gave their web chat rep on the morning of 4/1/18.
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure