We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rummer nothing new sadly. Well I am moving jobs, but not a promotion sadly just to a new team. Comes with a very bitter sweet feeling as I will leave a lot of friends.
    I also went in a gardening course day a couple of weeks ago which was great and very inspirational. But I'm now still feeling overwhelmed again at the thought of planning my birders. Argh. Sounds like you're doing well again though.
    I just love catching up on what everyone is up to.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :j :j :j rain rain rain

an hour ago ,coming back from visiting pops, there was a 5 minute downpour..BIG rainbow..crack of lightening..boom of thunder then nothing :o

BUT its raining now.. it obviously wanted to make a dramatic entrance ;)

I somehow have 6 dogs here ? my 3, big dog, and 2 littluns whilst owners in London.. my mouth said "yeeees" and my brain kicked my butt...:D im vying for a place on the sofa, everytime I get up my seats nicked...
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To those of you with pets, what flea treatments do you use?
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    To those of you with pets, what flea treatments do you use?

I cant remember which is which but theres ADVANCE and ADVOCAT ?
    LIR will know ...
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It rained here too! While welcome, there were days when we've been less messy for it to happen, because it just made our mess messier. :o:o:o

We're on Broadline here for fleas and critters like that. We don't over-use it, not only because we're tight, but because they don't get a lot of bugs. We check them out pretty regularly, of course.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I use advocate for fleas, for both cats and dogs and advantix for ticks for dogs.

They have pill too for extra worms ( all ours being hunters in some form).

Ours have never known fleas. But ticks have been brought him when they weren't covered, and its not worth risking.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use Frontline on hairy cat as he get a lot of ticks here but only use when I see that he's getting them.

Hope the new team are lovely folks Fay.

Alfie sounds like you are unpaid kennels. You love it really,but I don't know how you find the time.

We need a large tank for the hill but I hate the price of them so I've spent a bit of time looking to alternatives - any suggestions kindly received. I thought big plastic barrels or such like.

Just in - been photoing stuff in the house for listing - it's pouring down outside - well it wouldn't pour inside unless we haven't got all our connections right!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    do you mean something like this choille? 1000 ltrmYh3PFTOAK-AUnaq13GSfCA.jpg

£45. but have seen them a bit cheaper
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    some in kirkconnel, Dumfries and Galloway £40 each.. £35 for 6 or more.

you could rig them for rainfall with an overflow loop to next one [if you had 2]
    they have taps at the bottom
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's exactly what we were talking about today. I phoned somewhere about them but they were not the suppliers -long story.

What it would be for is to create a header tank on the hill to help pressurise the system. I have a burn that is in good flow, but it's fille with bacteria that is dangerous for humans - been drinking it for 7 years now! But probably a no no. We just fitted a UV treatment thing in the house also filter, but this is to get a head of water to keep up the pressure.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback