We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just eating my breakfast and watching the rain bounce off the ground :( We have been thinking about just packing up the car and chasing the sunshine :) Surely if we drive far enough we will find some!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    Just eating my breakfast and watching the rain bounce off the ground :( We have been thinking about just packing up the car and chasing the sunshine :) Surely if we drive far enough we will find some!

We've had a bit here, and nothing much in the way of rain forecast, which means we have the opposite problem. My little weather birdie tells me you should have a fine evening from about 6pm onwards, if that's any help.:)

Indeed, we have lost some bits of a small cotoneaster hedge we put in last year, due to it being too dry. The one at the front between us and the roadside verge is similar, so I'll put a hose on it today. We are lucky not to be metered. :cool:

All the central heating stuff came this morning, so Dave's Den is now full of that. Not exasctly looking forward to winter, but it ought to be less scary once that lot is up and running. ;)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thing is with the plumber problem - I have been so stressed out that I've been ill. I want it out of the way. I actually feel wounded. My health has really suffered & I have had to go back on bland yogurt type diet & my meds have been doubled up so not good. I am also now chocked with a cold - whinge whinge whinge. I just don't have the fight in me. He's not got as much as he tried to screw out of us. OH worked out reasonable costs for work done to date. Thing is we've gone through all the stuff he brought here - fittings etc- he was putting stuff on our account at the suppliers & we've quite a lot to return to get our money back on that, but we will have to check our account to see if he's been using that for stuff not supplied for us!

I think he saw us as his cash cow & we also know that one job he had the person died so he can't get his money out of that - he's slacking off the dead person all over the place - he's not exactly promoting himself in a good light!

I could go on, but I just need it finished with. It's such a small place - although he's from a good distance away it's still a village is the Highlands & word travels very fast - you don't need to say anything in defence - people just know & he's really done his reputation down the pan - which still doesn't flush as we still don't have any water on, but onwards & upwards.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2015 at 8:54PM
    Options
    There's talk of food shortages in Scotland as 50% of local crops have been lost due to the incessant rain. Probably the nice stuff like raspberries, but the turnips are OK :(
  • choille
    Options
    Lambs also need sunshine to thrive - a lot of producers are really not in a good place because of the weather. I've still been giving some feed - although not a lot - you shouldn't need to feed sheep at this time of year.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    My little weather birdie tells me you should have a fine evening from about 6pm onwards, if that's any help.:)

Thank your little birdie for me :D we went out for a walk, via the park and as a treat popped into the local ice cream parlour :drool: it was delicious and it felt as if we packed a lot into the few hours of sunshine!

Food shortages sounds worrying IHS, do you have a link to info or is it mainly word of mouth? I have been reviewing the way we shop and have been considering ways that we can cut back our bills and still be prepared for tough times. Luckily we have plenty of storage so we are going to stock up on the staples while they are affordable.

Choille sorry to hear this situation is still ongoing and affecting your health. I do hope it comes to a close soon.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2015 at 9:04PM
    Options
  • choille
    Options
    I think spuds will be rubbish as it's just been too wet also the grains which affects bread , animal feed prices etc. It's the knock on effect.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    what tradesmen do you need now CHOILLE ? do you reckon you can at least get in for winter ?
  • choille
    Options
    We have a joiner comes a few days a week who is good at most things.

OH seems to think that this will do, but I think the progress is painful. It seems such a guddle with nothing finished really. It's driving me mad as everywhere is getting covered in plaster dust. I seem to be a bit useless as there's nothing I can really do at the moment as I am waiting for things to get to the painting stage - things are half done if you see what I mean.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback