"Complete Savings" scheme

Options

Comments

• ffs
    ffs Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strong Customer Authentication roll out starts this weekend, although the final implementation deadline is now in 18 months time

It will be interesting to see how this affects their business model
  • GG7
    GG7 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To join Complete Savings you have to give them your card details (for the monthly fee) and your bank account sort code and account number (the cashback is paid by electronic transfer). For any retailer to give your details to Complete Savings without your knowledge you would have to supply it with both of these pieces of information. It is highly unlikely that any online retailer would ask for both these items.

I have been a member for 30 months and have now received over £1800 in cashbacks and also had my monthly fee cancelled by the monthly bonus each month. I find that you even get your monthly bonus if you return the goods for a refund for whatever reason.

There was a problem recently in that eBay cashbacks were not being paid automatically and had to be claimed for manually. It obviously got so bad that they temporarily removed eBay for the list of retailers but thankfully it is now back again and so far all is well.

However I am in dispute with them at present, because my daughter who is also a member gets cashback from retailers that do not feature in my account, particularly Argos and Asos. I have asked them why this is the case but got the usual "fob off" reply (they are very good at this). I am persisting with this and will notify the outcome on this forum.
  • GG7
    GG7 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update on the previous post. I have now (after about two weeks hounding them for an answer) received a response addressing this issue.

"The benefits and retailers available through your Complete Savings membership are always subject to availability and change as noted in our Terms and Conditions. Specifically, they can differ based on the retailer you joined up with to ensure the benefits offered are relevant to your interests. "

So in other words, since I joined using a link from Debenham's, they have excluded me from Argos, M&S , Asos and others.

"Simples" I thought. Simply cancel my membership and rejoin through the Complete Savings website like my daughter did. No such luck as it would appear that new members now only get a £5 monthly bonus which obviously doesn't cover the £15 a month membership fee. In any case you do not know which retailers you can get cashback from before you join either.

I now find it difficult to recommend Complete Savings to anyone.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GG7 wrote: »
    Update on the previous post. I have now (after about two weeks hounding them for an answer) received a response addressing this issue.

"The benefits and retailers available through your Complete Savings membership are always subject to availability and change as noted in our Terms and Conditions. Specifically, they can differ based on the retailer you joined up with to ensure the benefits offered are relevant to your interests. "

So in other words, since I joined using a link from Debenham's, they have excluded me from Argos, M&S , Asos and others.

"Simples" I thought. Simply cancel my membership and rejoin through the Complete Savings website like my daughter did. No such luck as it would appear that new members now only get a £5 monthly bonus which obviously doesn't cover the £15 a month membership fee. In any case you do not know which retailers you can get cashback from before you join either.

I now find it difficult to recommend Complete Savings to anyone.

Maybe its just because you joined at a different time on a different promotion to your daughter? Go figure...thats how marketing and offers work.

I remember having iTunes gift card discounts in the past, and LeisureVouchers but hey ho. Things change. Knickers in a twist? No, just accept retailers promotions change. Thats life, stop stressing.
  • KatieHo
    Options
    Hi all!
    I made a purchase online (Dominos) and I need to send them my receipt. I paid online, so the only proof I have is the bank statement, NO-REPLY email from dominos that my order was placed and the screen shot from my phone when the order went through. Which one to send? Thanks
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    You should send your email from PIZZA PARLOUR to them
  • stemcgoo
    edited 27 November 2019 at 8:08AM
    Options
    Ideally you should use the No Reply email as your proof. But You should be able to use the screenshot of the purchase on your phone/app. Or do you mean you dont have an email? have you checked your junk mail folder to see if the Dominos email is there?
    If you have a Dominos account can’t you access order history to show the transaction?
    Last resort I’m sure they will accept a bank statement showing the transaction date.

Oh and not sure if you’re confused but its via the Complete savings website you need to submit, not directly to Dominos
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You do realise you get that 15 quid monthly sub back by forwarding their 'monthly bonus team' proof of any purchase you've made through their site don't you?
    The website now lists a "monthly bonus" of £5, which would make the membership effectively £10pm. Am I missing something?
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • stemcgoo
    Options
    Jakg wrote: »
    The website now lists a "monthly bonus" of £5, which would make the membership effectively £10pm. Am I missing something?

Monthly fees and the bonus amount vary by how you sign up.

Better waiting for the referral link from a qualifying purchase via a Trainline or PizzaHut or some such.

Just going yo their website directly and signing up doesn’t give the best benefits for some reason. Bit strange and doesnt make sense.
  • Joanne_A_P
    Options
    Any advice please on this scheme. My son (16 at the time, a couple of weeks ago) has signed up for this without knowing what it was. He used his GoHenry card, he doesn't have a debit card. I've emailed the company and they are telling me that he signed up for it, that's that. Does anyone know if there is a minimum age requirement? Can children sign up for this? I've blocked his card so they can't take any more money but they aren't responding properly to my emails. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure