PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought it might be helpful to bump this thread! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, nice day here but overcast, at least it's dry today so much better then the drizzle yesterday. We have Maisie dog coming for 11.30 this morning as her Grandad fell a few weeks ago and broke his hip and has been waiting for a place in a nursing home back here since then. He's moving today so Maisies mum is going straight from work to collect him and get him settled in. Much easier to visit then as the home is on the periphery of the village and not 9 miles away in the city. I love having her here and we'll walk her and Cookie together this afternoon as they get on very well together. No dog to 2 dogs can only be to the good, no?
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Hello little thread. :) It was nice to see it on the front page.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 February 2018 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Lyn - Our cat-loving DS is totally smitten with a little dog his boss's family inherited a few months ago when a relative died. When she first came to them she was very frightened of men (she'd been rescued from an abusive owner as a puppy) but has now realised that no one where she is now would ever hurt her, and DS is thrilled that she comes running to meet him when he gets back from being out on site.
    We now often hear "Another nice thing about dogs is...." :D

fuddle Has your DD started at her new school now? Wishing her a happy time there. Does this mean no more trekking up and down a big hill for you?

ETA fuddle I've now seen your post on the fencers' thread about DD. Bless her, it can be so hard changing schools (I had to do it a lot too, because of my father's job) and I think a lot depends on the age you are when you change. I'm sure she will soon settle in though xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Found it! we've stopped using this old friend of a thread so I'm hoping this will bump it back into life!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, I realised yesterday we'd not kept this place going, there's been a lot of water under various bridges since the last posts hasn't there? let's start using it again and keep it to it's comfy and usual good natured temperament. I hadn't thought of it in a while until I spotted SCOTTISHMINNIE's post on another thread and realised we hadn't heard from her for ages xxx.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello little T thread, good to see you!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Lainey and Lyn . I mentioned this thread a couple of times recently on the fence and then forgot to post here . I know Ivyleaf posted here a few times recently . I hope SM and other posters are ok .
    I'll start joining in again gladly .

Rained here heavily all yesterday . We were out but to be honest I could have danced my way around town like Gene Kelly . Cool restful sleep last night was bliss .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Polly I agree re the sleep - light out at 10.25pm, I only woke once for a toilet break at 4.25am then woke up at 7.25am :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Floss I actually wondered whether to fill a hot water bottle it was so cool ! Glad you slept too and the water levels in the reservoirs will now have a bit of a start towards normal .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport