PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I now have rain envy and sleep envy, Polly my love if you could just direct one tiny but heavily laden cloud to my part of the world and ask it to drop it's liquid gold directly over the house I will be eternally grateful! It's been so long since we had rain I'm beginning to believe it's a myth!!!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lyn We have a fair few grey clouds and weak sun at the moment here .
    As I was the one who seemed to have brought the Summer of 76 back I am blowing those clouds your way . It may take some time as it's a fair distance but I'll do my best .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you love! we have another day of bright sun, slight cloud in the sky and higher humidity than it has been, at 7 this morning it already felt too hot! I long for some rain!!!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I feel quite guilty Lyn we had rain Monday and yesterday it was heavy rain all day . When I put the milk bottles out last night it was still raining . Sun is now shining but it's cooler . Seems the forecast is for hotter days again . The humidity is the enemy I can enjoy the sun if it isn't humid . Lack of sleep is no joke so I hope things improve for you .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just enjoy it love and for those of who have forgotten how being rained on feels.....keep telling us!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes please on the rain Polly, checked my diary the other day and we haven’t had any since 25th May :( everything is so brown and crisp. The farmers must be really struggling to get enough water on the salad crops and we are expecting the combine any day now to harvest the crop in the field next to the cottage, so early and unheard of in the 11 years I’ve lived here.
    Just back in from seeing the lovely Lu, we had a little wander around the small track as it’s mostly in shade and we were both happy to go no faster than a slow amble. She then had a cool sponge down and I grazed her in hand for an hour or so, her paddock has very little grass left in so I let her have a good forage in amongst the hedgerows. Its so interesting to watch what she chooses for herself, including thistles and nettles so obviously what she needs nutrient wise. Bless her.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've just had the realisation of what this drought is doing to our garden! I went up to pick the blackberries and beans and even though we're watering at night the giant 10ft tall sunflower which was in perfect health yesterday and had a good drink last night has withered and died today, the heat is baking out there, washing put out including heavy towels was bone dry and stiff by 1 o clock! The beans outdoors look as if they've died too and the wigwam of runners has yellowing leaves on and no new flowers. This is going to be a very hungry gap at an unusual time of year I think!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Very successful day shedding our surplus belongings from the end of the drive, very little of it was left when I got the table in at 5ish. I've sorted a few more things I can live without that can go out tomorrow with some books that I hadn't room for today, good thing to do if it gives someone else some use from my discards!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Cool, restful sleep"? Chance would be a fine thing :(

I was at a loss as to what to have to eat this evening - thankfully I remembered there was a quiche in the freezer, so that's now in the oven. I expect most of us are fed up with trying to think of meals we can face preparing in this heat.

Sorry, I know i'm a grump today. I think I just heard a distant rumble of thunder though, and it's very grey overhead, so perhaps we'll have a storm which might cool things off for a little while.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wouldn’t it just Ivy :(

I put my brave pants on and actually cooked something in the oven for a change tonight, we had a veggie burger ( beetroot, carrot, quinoa and cumin ) so very healthy with a dollop of blue cheese melted on top ( not so healthy) with sweet pot wedges and coleslaw. Capt S cleared his plate and sighed contentedly so think he appreciated the no salad approach :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure