Options
    boliston wrote: »
    i'm trying to understand the 6.5% increase from 8/8/18

old unit rates:
    10.72p electricity & 3.28p gas

new unit rates:
    11.53p electricity & 3.52p gas

i make this a 7.6% increase on electricity and 7.3% increase on gas

I'm pretty sure MSE said at the time that this was on average. Mine went up around 8%

SORRY, FORGET THAT. I GOT MIXED UP WITH BULB's INCREASE
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2018 at 11:39AM
    Options
    Further to my previous issues with OFTM i transferred away to dual energy at SSE on 1st September.

I provided OFTM (as well as SSE) the final meter readings on 31st August (i was not obliged to but wanted to avoid billing issues that i had experienced on joining them earlier in the year). I hit enter too soon when providing the readings so had to contact them on online chat to correct and when doing so said i was due to leave. I notified of my intention to cancel the direct debit and they had no issue with this as i was concerned that my direct debit would continue to be taken...my concerns turn out to be justified.

Since then i've been asked to provide meter readings so i went online and told them of the error. Then as i hadn't provided readings a bill was raised on 12th September using estimated readings up until 12th September! Again i went onto online and explained i'd left and required a final bill and a refund of the amount owed to me.

Today a bill has indeed been generated based on the readings i provided on 31st August. However this was accompanied by emails of unpaid direct debit for the usual monthly payment and another saying the direct debit was cancelled. Thank goodness i had cancelled the direct debit through the bank else i'd be asking for that back too. I'm now owed £39 by them but essentially it appears my account with them has continued in the same ways as if i was no longer supplied by them.

I await my refund which i assume will have to be made via cheque as i don't have an active direct debit at my bank.
    It will get resolved one way or another. and i will get my money..either via them or via the energy regulator and small claims court. but this company are a joke and i wish i'd never moved to them. If you leave them make sure you provide final meter readings to them as well as who your joining and cancel your direct debit. Personally i don't think MSE should even have them on their cheap energy club site as have been nothing but issues with every communication and bill i've had with them.

Incidentally you can't get support via phone but when you leave they phone you up to try find out why. I like the idea of their membership fee rather than standing charges but that's about all..the actual implementation is dire. On the plus side you can always get hold of them via online chat to sort out whatever your latest issue with them is although since i've left their attitude towards me is not inducive to me ever wanting to be a customer ever again. I would imagine they won't be around for much longer unless they get their act together.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I noticed online today that my last couple of OFTM bills have been cancelled (the last one just reversed and nothing in its place yet). This could be because I submitted meter readings after the bills had been issued (their meter reading window is too short for me).

I'm awaiting developments...

Based on my own calculations, I need to increase my DD - anyone any ideas on the best way to do this?
  • drphila
    drphila Posts: 288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just been to site for quote and got this message:

Hi there,
    Thank you for visiting us here at Outfox the Market.
    Operating with complete transparency is very important to us and we strongly believe that honesty is always the best policy.
    With this in mind, we think it is only fair to let you know that our prices are likely to increase in the next few weeks.
    Wholesale prices.
    Wholesale prices have continued to increase in 2018 with the majority of suppliers announcing price increases.
    We make zero profit on the energy we supply to our customer’s homes and unfortunately, this makes a price change inevitable in the coming weeks.
    We wanted to make sure you were aware of the situation before you make the decision to switch.
    It is important to us that our customers know what the future may hold.
    Please note — We will always provide at least 30 days-notice of any price change.
    Thank you again and we hope to welcome you as a customer soon.

On the one hand, this is, of course, disappointing, but I do admire them for their honesty - it would have been very easy to say nothing
  • singhini
    Options
    drphila wrote: »
    but I do admire them for their honesty - it would have been very easy to say nothing

Dito #drphila I generated a quote yesterday and saw the same message and I thought that was honest of them too.

I'm with Bulb currently and my prices will increase on 11th Nov and so I am eagerly waiting to see what OFTM's prices might be rising too
  • holiday_pie
    Options
    A small provider with an inadequate IT infrastructure to bill correctly. Wouldn't recommend.

Customer since January 2018 - found from MSE Energy Club. Provide a meter reading every month, based on an email request from Outfox the market.

Discovered due to their billing system, we have been underpaying by nearly double per month. At no point was we made aware of this, until reviewing the portal today.

The only option at this stage is to triple our direct debit until the balance is closer being paid off, as Outfox the market may object to us moving providers until cleared.
  • drphila
    drphila Posts: 288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    singhini wrote: »

I'm with Bulb currently and my prices will increase on 11th Nov and so I am eagerly waiting to see what OFTM's prices might be rising too

I'm in same situation with Bulb and will do the same. Currently OFTM are £158 cheaper (definitely worth it, I think, despite their limitations) but a 10% rise would reduce the difference to around £100 and then its not so clear cut, IMO
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We began our switch from Bulb and EOn to OTM yesterday.

Will keep an eye on the upcoming price hikes... however not too concerned as they give 30 days notice and no exit fees. May end up back with Bulb...
  • MoneySavingAtWork
    Options
    I'm another one in the same boat. I'm checking Outfox the Market almost daily as I know I need to know what their new prices will be in order to get an accurate picture.
    I did try asking on the web chat if they could speculate as to what the prices increases might roughly be (long shot i know) sadly no luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback