Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    In the last couple of weeks I've noticed that my total bill in Aldi seems to have jumped up.

I can analyse odd extras I've bought or individual items that have increased in price but I've done that before without such an effect. I really need to get some old receipts out to check why.

In the past two weeks my Aldi bill has been the highest ever.

Is it just me?
    No its not you.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I can analyse odd extras I've bought or individual items that have increased in price but I've done that before without such an effect.
    Post a recent receipt and we'll all have a go at spotting the difference :)

I can tell you that bananas have gone up in price, for example; so thats a few pence accounted for.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • abandonded
    Options
    I stand by what I said.

As far as I can see, you are not a Board Guide, you are not a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly and you most certainly are not a Moderator. Nevertheless, it would appear that you take it upon yourself to assume some of the responsibilities of all three by attempting to lay down the law as to what a member can and cannot do. And then, because I disagree with you, call me a troll!

Your other posts do indicate that you are a senior citizen, with perhaps, a lot of time on your hands.

If my 271 posts over 10 years indicate that perhaps I have a lot of time on my hands, what do your own posts, 4688 over roughly the same period, indicate?
    Abandoned
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I remember the days when this used to be about Aldi/Lidl good buys :mad:

@Vfm4meplse I noticed the bananas have gone up ij price but down in size :(

I used to take delight in picking the biggest greenest ones from the boxes.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    treboeth wrote: »
    I remember the days when this used to be about Aldi/Lidl good buys :mad:

Seconded.

Can we have a little less confrontation, and a little more moneysaving action, please. ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Seconded.

Can we have a little less confrontation, and a little more moneysaving action, please. ;)

What about the bananas though :)
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    treboeth wrote: »
    What about the bananas though :)

I get the mini bananas from Aldi.

You must be the only person who buys green bananas. :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    abandonded wrote: »
    As far as I can see, you are not a Board Guide, you are not a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly and you most certainly are not a Moderator. Nevertheless, it would appear that you take it upon yourself to assume some of the responsibilities of all three by attempting to lay down the law as to what a member can and cannot do. And then, because I disagree with you, call me a troll!

If my 271 posts over 10 years indicate that perhaps I have a lot of time on my hands, what do your own posts, 4688 over roughly the same period, indicate?

Most of my posts are on a handful of threads. I’ve made dozens on this one in its various incarnations. I make meaningful contributions that by and large, are on topic.
    You, in contrast, decided to come on here just to have a go at me, after I dared to criticise a post for being off topic, in an attempt to keep the thread on track.
    I still work.
    This is my “play”, but I like helping people, so that’s why I post here.

A troll is someone who posts to spread disquiet.
    The thread was back on track, but you chose to re-ignite a cooling argument.
    So, that is trollish behaviour.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Back on track. I have noticed rises in milk, but I have also noticed cheap alternatives disappearing from time to time. Cheap beans, cheap pasta and a few other things went missing, so I had to buy more expensive replacements.
    That was my own explanation to myself.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure