Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Free Stollen Bites in my Lidl today. :)
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Nothing free in my Aldi this morning sadly! However, it was very quiet and there was an awful lot of stuff (fruit, veg, bread & meat) reduced to half price. Unfortunately not a lot of which I needed, though I did pick up a couple of packs of chicken fillets reduced from £2,99 to £1.50 which I was happy about.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • pakokelso93
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Lidl nappies... not a patch on Aldis and the same for baby wipes. Shant be buying them again.

Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things. New version produced in UK, Old ones where in Israel a think and clearly a pan-European product Lidl product. XXL weeks have still had the old version (100 instead of 80 packs) - the last couple of times so bought boxes at a time.
    PK! :money:
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't buy the large 6.5kg packs of Almat washing powder that they currently have as a 'special item' at £8.99, e.g.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/almat-bio-washing-powder-6-5kg/p/064314006718200

they're around 20% more expensive (per kg) than the standard packs (2.6kg @ £2.99) which they sell all the time:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/almat-washing-powder---bio/p/067213170130502
    Stompa
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Lidl nappies... not a patch on Aldis and the same for baby wipes. Shant be buying them again.
    I was happy with them when I bought them, but it’s been quite some time since then.
    Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things.
    That explains it. I’ll buy another pack tomorrow.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pakokelso93
    Options
    Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things. New version produced in UK, Old ones where in Israel a think and clearly a pan-European product Lidl product. XXL weeks have still had the old version (100 instead of 80 packs) - the last couple of times so bought boxes at a time.
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I was happy with them when I bought them, but it’s been quite some time since then.

That explains it. I’ll buy another pack tomorrow.

To my surprise - XXL week in our local Lidl and the Baby wipes (and things like giant XXL shower gel) etc all out so 2 boxes (24 packs) of the old 100-for-80 purple packeted wipes. (Aloe Vera ones are great!) Superb. Made my day.

If XXL in your shop get a pack of the purple packet and by the 'current' green 64pk one and night, dawn and day the difference.
    PK! :money:
  • Cornucopia
    edited 25 January 2018 at 2:45PM
    Options
    New product in Aldi:-

Fresh (Chilled) Vegeburgers:

Two varieties (Sweet Potato and Beetroot). These are large, fresh vegetable vegeburgers in the deli chiller area. 2 Burgers £1.49. Not tried them, but they look nice.

Also in Aldi, 6 x Lentil Curls(20g) down from £1.19 to 85p.

In both Lidl and Aldi, 200g French Brie Cheese is still 85p.

In Aldi, Cream Cheese Mini Roules brought back for Christmas look as though they may be staying for good. 79p.
  • Cornucopia
    Options
    I bought the Silvercrest Bluetooth Headphones from Lidl last week. Very impressed so far, and excellent VFM. £14.99

s-l300.jpg
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    I bought the Silvercrest Bluetooth Headphones from Lidl last week. Very impressed so far, and excellent VFM.
    Thanks for the compliment, you’re rather special yourself ;)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had an email from a friend who tried to return an electrical item to Aldi under their 3 year guarantee,store manager said nothing to do with us contact the manufacturer,he did this and they said no it's the stores responsibility,he went back to store and was given a refund as a "goodwill gesture" don't like the sound of this it sounds like wriggling out,I returned a dehumidifier to Aldi last year and didn't have a problem maybe things have changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure