Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks saz, I'm sure Mercy won't mind:beer:

I've also started a list low-carb resources in post 1 that we can add to :)

Sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    oooo shiny new thread! yay
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    *runs in...shouts I'm first...runs out again.*

:p

:rotfl:

All that virtual running will contribite to your weight loss.. well done, dont stop take a virtual jog around the block :D :rolleyes:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sazbo wrote: »
    newish - i've taken the liberty of re-posting Mercy's list in the first post - I hope she doesn't mind :)

Sxx

not at all, but it's yours now as I can't edit it. You happy with that :rotfl:

Mx

There's a few missing from recently, do catch up, dear :)
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saz, you're a star!! :staradmin :starmod: That's great, thanks.

Seconded.

I ALWAYS need minded 'cos I never find anything. Tis good it's all on the first post...even I will find it then.:rotfl: Cheers Saz. :T

Well I'm having a mixed day today.

I am no longer grey. Yay! I am now Perfect 10 shade 6.5 Light cool brown. (On offer in Tesco for £4.99 instead of £6.99) :D It's very close to my natural colour (or at least the previous natural, pre-grey days).

I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and lost a pound and I can also get my trousers down again without unfastening the button. (That's my measure of how well I'm doing, lol)

So all in all....I was feeling quite good about myself.

UNTIL.......the postie arrives. :( SIL sent me some trousers that she said were only worn once as they were too big for her. My SIL is a lovely person but she is a big girl and I always thought she was a LOT bigger than me so I felt sure the trousers wouldn't fit. They do. :( Admittedly they are roomy but I thought they'd be huge on me and too big to wear. I'm now thinking my view of myself isn't as accurate as I thought it was. So I'm doing the only thing possible in the circumstances...I'm sulking.

:angry:

Why oh why does losing weight take so flipping long!

Hope the rest of you are having a better day cos it would be pretty crap if we were all fed up. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I out of order feeling a tiny bit peeved? I did work rather hard on the list, and enjoy it's upkeep. Would have thought a link would have done, rather than simply taking it off me.

Never mind, will have to find something else to do.

M
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Am I out of order feeling a tiny bit peeved? I did work rather hard on the list, and enjoy it's upkeep. Would have thought a link would have done, rather than simply taking it off me.

Never mind, will have to find something else to do.

M

Mercy - i completely understand, of course. I can replace the list with a link to yours. I'll do it right now. I'm really very sorry - I didnt mean to be unthinking and cause offence.

Sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • shelbythin
    shelbythin Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    With regards to the recipe list I wonder if anyone is having the problem as me. At lot of the recipes that I click through to don't show the recipe or am I just going mad.

As an example I have just tried@-

low carb chocolate sponge pudding #2545
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=17543665&highlight=recipe#post17 543665

low carb bhajis post #1754
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15446019&highlight=recipe#post15 446019

cheesecake
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=13409455&highlight=cheesecake#po st13409455

I've read the whole page from top to bottom and can't find any of the recipes that its referring to. I found this previously on others also but as no one else has mentioned it just wondered if its my computer behaving odd?????
    Started Atkins 22/02/09 - total weightloss 11lbs:j
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Ah dear Mercy, don't feel peeved, Saz was just trying to help everyone out. Think a link to your original has been done now. Nice Sazbo. :D
    Also, to make you feel better I'm pleased to announce that I have your mexican fudge recipe in the oven as I type!! It smells gorgeous so hope it tastes as good as it smells - I will let you know!! Thanks for posting it. :D
  • shelbythin
    shelbythin Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I just logged in to talk about Bailey's!!
    Btw MoonRose, I didn't know they did it in Coffee flavour!! OMG sounds yummy!! Sometimes you can have too much information!! :rotfl:
    Don't think it's low-carb I'm afraid Shelby, just been looking at the Bailey's website (I know, sad) & the ingredients are whisky, cream, chocolate flavour (made with cocoa nibs & vanilla pods), caramel & sugar. :cry: I've emailed them (told you I was sad) to see what the carbohydrate content is so will let you know when/if I get a reply.
    Thanks for the link to Shykin's low-carb Bailey's HC?? Or Newish?? Eek, can't remember who it was cos it's on the other thread & I don't have that good a memory!! Not sure if I can be bothered with the faff on tbh & it is only the teeny tiny 70cl bottle of the real Bailey's that's on offer at the moment at the co-op. ;) And it is for Mother's Day. ;) And I know I'm making excuses ....... :rotfl:
    Let me know what they come back with sweets or maybe we wud be better off not knowing the carb content. It cud be scary :eek: . XX
    Started Atkins 22/02/09 - total weightloss 11lbs:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport