It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts!!!!

Options

Comments

• Terron
    Terron Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    arnoldy wrote: »
    But really the NHS needs a good kick up the ar*e - if they spent less time whinging and more time training Brits to be Doctors and Nurses we'd all be better off.

We get to take our pick of most of the best doctors across the continent. That doessn't help the countries they are coming from, but it means we get good doctors on the cheap. Of course, outside the EU we could choose from even larger populations.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Terron wrote: »
    We get to take our pick of most of the best doctors across the continent. That doessn't help the countries they are coming from, but it means we get good doctors on the cheap. Of course, outside the EU we could choose from even larger populations.
    The vast majority of foreign doctors in the UK are from outside the EU. The only constraints at present on recruitment of non-EU is the Home Office hostile environment that makes expense & difficultly with visas & family visits.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,869 Forumite
    Options
    Many years ago I visited Cuba. I met a doctor who Mon to Fri looked after the elderly. Friday night he flew to England & worked in A & E at a hospital fairly near the airport. Very early Mon morning he flew home. This is over 12 years ago. It would not surprise me if he was still doing it. It would not surprise me if he was still doing it in ten years time. There are always ways around these things, if there weren't we would all be in serious trouble.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ENOUGH!!!!!

Thank you.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    If you ever need to see a doctor they will always see you in exchange for some of your nuts. Just have to hope you still have the strength to dig.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Please respect Sea Shell's wishes and stop the doctors debate on here (or start a new thread for it).
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    ENOUGH!!!!!

Thank you.
    Please respect Sea Shell's wishes and stop the doctors debate on here (or start a new thread for it).
    Well said, SL.

Sea Shell, I do like your internet name, by the way :) wasn't there a tv series called The Shell Seekers? Always reminded me of easy living (oh yes, its a Rosamund Pilcher novel, way to go).
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    Options

What should everybody revert to Sea Shell,s fittnes blog :rotfl::rotfl:,come on this is a forum where many like minded people can post and discuss various topics that are relevent to day to day issues
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Skibunny40
    Options
    In an attempt to get the thread back on track...

Do you budget differently ( or at all) for Christmas now that you're retired Sea Shell?
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Skibunny40 wrote: »
    In an attempt to get the thread back on track...

Do you budget differently ( or at all) for Christmas now that you're retired Sea Shell?

No, no new "retirement" Christmas budget. We have bought a few extra foodie nibbles, but unlikely to be more than £30 worth. Some things will keep, so will get taken on holiday in the spring if we haven't eaten them!

We give the children (N&Ns), cash. We don't buy for adults or each other either. I'm not a shopper, so that works for me!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback