Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options

Comments

• John_Sinclair
    Options
    From Amazon Shipping at Friday, 1 December.
    Delay in delivery due to external factors

We're sorry your package is late
    We are working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know as soon as we get delivery information from Amazon Shipping.
    Please come back on tomorrow if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
    Was expected Friday, 1 December
    See more details
  • John_Sinclair
    Options
    Well he was wearing city link clothes so maybe he used to work for them lol
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    The only time amazon dont use amazon logistics now for next day is when its a 3rd party seller shipping themselves offering next day or if its by 1pm in which case they may use royal mail special delivery.

I never mentioned scan uk at all, I only mentioned ocuk and amazon uk, yet you decided to post scan uk and now trying to claim there was no special reason for it.

Amazon frequently use Hermes in Central London for Prime deliveries

They tend to use them as overflow and / or to deliver to addresses where there is only one (Amazon) parcel being delivered to free up their own drivers for the bulk drops.
  • John_Sinclair
    Options
    From Amazon Shipping at Friday, 1 December;
    Delay in delivery due to external factors

And the inevitable happened.
    Update
    Packages are rarely this late and we're sorry yours still hasn't arrived
    You can wait another couple days or check out these options.
    GET A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND
  • John_Sinclair
    Options
    How can you lose a 12” sub bass box!!!! I think someone has an early Xmas present.
  • John_Sinclair
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    City Link no longer exist. It may be someone using one of their old vans.

You'll need to answer the full question for us to help.

Sorry mate. I’m new to all this forum stuff. I was told to contact them Wednesday if it wasnt delivered. I called them up and they was very apologetic. They tried to locate it but couldn’t give me an answer as to what happend, just a very vague it could of been damaged or lost and would I like a replacement or refund. They gave me a free month of amazon prime. I chose the refund.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered a car sub on the morning of 30th Nov at and delivery said Friday 1st of December. The morning of Friday I kept an eye out for them and I noticed this grey transit van going up and down the street over and hour I must have seen it 5 times. Eventually he stopped outside the house. so I went down to save him the trouble. It was a city link driver and he said my parcel wasn’t here that they probably gave it to the wrong driver “it happens all the time” he said. So I waited up till 20:00. Then the Amazon app status updates and it said ( sorry your parcel wasn’t delivered. but an attempt will be made tomorrow) Delay in delivery due to external factors.
    I called amazon and they said they don’t use city link. And they said it will be attempted Saturday if not then Sunday if not then Monday if not then Tuesday if not then get back to us.
    - I’m still waiting now it’s Tuesday 18:20.
    I used the next day delivery as I ordered 2 items the other item was delivered next day to my neighbor even tho I didn’t ask for this service.
    It’s really not giving me any confidence buying off amazon.

City Link went bust 3 years ago!
  • John_Sinclair
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    City Link went bust 3 years ago!

Apologies, see the same guy again today it’s ICD Link. I’m getting dyslexic in my old age.
  • Rosina_rushen
    Options
    I'm fed up with Amazon logicists. Every time I order a heavy item like cat litter through prime. I get an email saying it's out for delivery . I stay home all day waiting to get message saying sorry we missed you. I phone them up and say they have not turned up and I was home but never knocked on the door or ring the doorbell. They tell me they get it delivered and it gets delivered. This happens every month. It's because it's heavy and they don't have the correct equipment to carry items. So far Amazon has offered to extend my prime. So far it's been extended by 4 months so far.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I'm fed up with Amazon logicists. Every time I order a heavy item like cat litter through prime. I get an email saying it's out for delivery . I stay home all day waiting to get message saying sorry we missed you. I phone them up and say they have not turned up and I was home but never knocked on the door or ring the doorbell. They tell me they get it delivered and it gets delivered. This happens every month. It's because it's heavy and they don't have the correct equipment to carry items. So far Amazon has offered to extend my prime. So far it's been extended by 4 months so far.

They don't need special equipment to carry a sack of cat litter :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure