Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Odd, I've also had a couple of orders in the past week that I couldn't get next day delivery for, is there something going on this coming week :xmassmile
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spotted the Amazon delivery scandal on the BBC news app the other day. Story went on they have 5 customers making complaints.

FIVE!!! How many thouands of deliveries a day and they have 5 complaints?

It still tickles me that they will deliver a £5 item the same day. Madness.

I had one late delivery, supposed to b delivered on Monday but it didnt arrive until the following day. No big deal i wasnt desperate for it.

Seems i should have moaned and got a free month.

No big deal if you didnt need to be in to answer the door, and it wasnt an emergency yes.

I managed to get a reply from a senior manager at amazon now, and apparently there is changes coming.

All I was told was that soon there will be "increased accuracy" of delivery estimates. Which I hope means a time estimate.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    No big deal if you didnt need to be in to answer the door, and it wasnt an emergency yes.

I managed to get a reply from a senior manager at amazon now, and apparently there is changes coming.

All I was told was that soon there will be "increased accuracy" of delivery estimates. Which I hope means a time estimate.

That's all well and good but if people are out during the day, no amount of prior warning a delivery is impending will make any difference. When Hermes introduced 2 hour ETA windows a couple of years ago, it didn't make the blindest bit of difference to successful first time deliveries when people are at work.

Even with the newly introduced GPS tracking, it's not going to be any more successful. All it means is couriers rates are slashed to pay for all these new gimmicks.
  • PatriciaMarchand
    PatriciaMarchand Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2019 at 8:11PM
    Options
    I too suffered from problems when the courrier comes to the door but decides for some reasons to give the parcel to a neighbours though I was in.
    Today it happened again, but court him on camera, he came to the door, looked at the windows, looked up where the cameras are, then he went backwards and went.... without ringing the bell (which is 'ring' a bell camera). Why did he behave this way, I don't know!
    Had another problem with them recently, I decided to purchase some small goods to have them delivered to a box in Morrison's, on that day I had a terrible cold so I went onto Amazon chat line saying that I could not pick up because I was not well could they keep the parcel in that box longer, the message read that yes it was fine bla bla bla, but it was not as the day after I received a message to say that the parcel had been returned.
    When I called their customer services this evening, the lady was saying yes to whatever I was saying so I do no think she understood.
    The problem with amazon and despite the law, they have no complaints procedure so whatever happens never get reported properly.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Never had a problem about deliveries on Amazon Prime.
  • callistris
    Options
    I've caught on 2 separate occasions Amazon logistics drivers letting themselves into my house without even knocking on the door first. They soon backed out the door when they saw me as I'm a big 20stone 6'4" tall rugby player!
    The excuses that they came out with when challenged on what they were doing was beyond laughable.
    Complaints to Amazon have got me no where. Amazon don't appear to care, so I've cancelled Prime instead.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »

That's all well and good but if people are out during the day, no amount of prior warning a delivery is impending will make any difference. When Hermes introduced 2 hour ETA windows a couple of years ago, it didn't make the blindest bit of difference to successful first time deliveries when people are at work.

Even with the newly introduced GPS tracking, it's not going to be any more successful. All it means is couriers rates are slashed to pay for all these new gimmicks.
    Its made a huge difference thunk about it?

8am to 10pm window, you sit in for 14 hours as you have no idea when its coming, unless you lucky and it comes early.

5pm to 7pm window, you are free to do other things at other times of the day.

Obviously booking a delivery whilst you at work or out for the day, is a bit silly.  No amount of tracking can overcome that, but it does help people plan their day accordingly, sleep hours etc.

But the reason I came back to this thread, I am curious what is the latest people have seen amazon put parcels on vans for deliveries?  As I got an xbox supposedly coming today, it was dispatched only just before 6am and isnt on the van for delivery gone 11am.
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They can deliver any time until 10pm. I've had deliveries late in the evening that didn't show as out for delivery til gone 6pm. 
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Around 5pm is the latest I've had one go out for delivery. 
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought a cat water bowl Sunday afternoon said delivery Tuesday then updated to Monday and then email with time slot from 1- 3 pm and it came left on the doorstep as I expected.  My front door and porch does not face the street so no problem with leaving it there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback