Comments

• Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    They don't need special equipment to carry a sack of cat litter :rotfl:

How big a sack is it? ;)

The local hermes drivers love me, I order bird food online.
    Average order is 50kg, with one at 100kg! (you can get 25kg bags of some bird food cheaper online than 5kg in the stores).
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Nilrem wrote: »
    How big a sack is it? ;)

The local hermes drivers love me, I order bird food online.
    Average order is 50kg, with one at 100kg! (you can get 25kg bags of some bird food cheaper online than 5kg in the stores).

Most cat litter is 15kg-20kg max weight so no problem to carry.

If Hermes are delivering that sort of weight to you, it must be via Light & Large as the normal couriers don't take more than 15kg.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    And yet things do look to be improving. All my Logistics deliveries now show a map, where the van is,and how many deliveries there are before mine.

Not perfect but certainly an improvement and my guess is that it's stage one in a move towards one more two hour delivery slots.

It is a big improvement however doesn't seem to be available to all.

Announced here days ago:
    https://tamebay.com/2017/12/amazon-logistics-preditive-delivery-tracking.html

Nothing on my order due today (I messed up and ordered to home instead of Local Collect, didn't pick it up until it was sent).

Tried Tablet App but i've the latest version which was updated 3 weeks ago so probably explains that.

Tried desktop & nothing.

Did a Live Chat with Amazon who said "we don't offer this feature" then "Looks like no official word from Amazon" after I offered my evidence.

It'd be handy as i've got to go out in 2 hours and leave safe place (front porch) locked, can't add note to leave behind bins....

Ah well, maybe next time and it is an improvement which is needed.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    It is a big improvement however doesn't seem to be available to all.

Announced here days ago:
    https://tamebay.com/2017/12/amazon-logistics-preditive-delivery-tracking.html

Nothing on my order due today (I messed up and ordered to home instead of Local Collect, didn't pick it up until it was sent).

Tried Tablet App but i've the latest version which was updated 3 weeks ago so probably explains that.

Tried desktop & nothing.

Did a Live Chat with Amazon who said "we don't offer this feature" then "Looks like no official word from Amazon" after I offered my evidence.

It'd be handy as i've got to go out in 2 hours and leave safe place (front porch) locked, can't add note to leave behind bins....

Ah well, maybe next time and it is an improvement which is needed.

I had it a few days ago, as reported, along with the feedback questionnaire reported on Tamebay. I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it! I'll check on the next delivery........ :)
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I know, perhaps they are trialing in certain areas before full launch. Likely because no official announcement from Amazon yet.

I look forward to it happening for me as I welcome such an improvement.
  • podrek
    Options
    Just found a missed deliver card left by courier. I live in a flat (one of Three),no details on card to who the delivery is for, also it states parcel left with neighbour, but the address on card does not exist? im so glad i avoid amazon..despite all their profits, all the hype,,they still incapable of delivering a parcel, which is why i do not use amazon..i attempted to find an amazon logistics customer services contact number to try see who this parcel is for and where it may be...but apparently you need an amazon account to do so.. very poor!
  • rhapsody_princess
    Options
    Have any of you guys read up on Amazon Flex? These are the people delivering. All normal joe bloggs type people trying to earn an extra buck using their own cars.... The software used will only allow the parcel to be marked as delivered etc when you are on the customers doorstep! (GPS) Majority of items cannot be left in safe place etc unless specified by customer. You get three strikes and your sacked!! Not worth stealing parcels tbh

Oh yeah, you may have guessed?! I have done Flex ��
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    podrek wrote: »
    ...im so glad i avoid amazon..despite all their profits, all the hype,,they still incapable of delivering a parcel, which is why i do not use amazon...

I'm probably out of date, but historically Amazon made a loss on its website's sales, which is not surprising given it must spend a fortune on logistics with very low margins on its products.

The profits were made with selling website services to others, which is (IMHO) genius, selling a product to others that it cannot itself make a profit from.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    podrek wrote: »
    Just found a missed deliver card left by courier. I live in a flat (one of Three),no details on card to who the delivery is for, also it states parcel left with neighbour, but the address on card does not exist? im so glad i avoid amazon..despite all their profits, all the hype,,they still incapable of delivering a parcel, which is why i do not use amazon..i attempted to find an amazon logistics customer services contact number to try see who this parcel is for and where it may be...but apparently you need an amazon account to do so.. very poor!

How are you getting a delivery from Amazon without using Amazon?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spotted the Amazon delivery scandal on the BBC news app the other day. Story went on they have 5 customers making complaints.

FIVE!!! How many thouands of deliveries a day and they have 5 complaints?

It still tickles me that they will deliver a £5 item the same day. Madness.

I had one late delivery, supposed to b delivered on Monday but it didnt arrive until the following day. No big deal i wasnt desperate for it.

Seems i should have moaned and got a free month.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback