Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• edpvito
    edpvito Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    What an inspirational thread. Not wishing to be insensitive but its a reminder that we should do our best to get and keep our affairs in order, one never knows what is lurking around the corner. Reading your posts I have great admiration for the way you are dealing with things SunAddict. Good luck and best wishes to you and yours.
    Debt [STRIKE]06/14[/STRIKE] 09/14 : [STRIKE]MBNA: £252[/STRIKE]
    AMEX: [STRIKE]£1283[/STRIKE] £615
    Northern Rock: [STRIKE]£3300[/STRIKE] £2500
    Santander Overdraft (at pay day):[STRIKE] £1200[/STRIKE] £1000
    Swedish Tax Office: [STRIKE]£428[/STRIKE] £1000
    Debt free goal date: 06/15
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,444 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Only too true edpvito. You should never take anything for granted. It's amazing what you can cope with when push comes to shove though. Good luck with your own debt free journey.

Beanie it needs to go before it's only value is scrap. Mr SA being a bit stubborn as it's the last bit of his previous life left - and he is still adamant he will go back to roofing despite everything he's told to the contrary by health professionals.

Date of the dreaded next brain scan has come through - 21 August, results with consultant 2 September.

I have had a very low spend day today being just £1.35 for a coffee at work (we have a Costa machine :) ). However, Mr SA has spent £50 on a pond pump. Bless him.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Agree get shot of the van..can see why it's a wrench for Mr SA tho.

Well done on a LSD :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,525 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Am so glad that I don't have a pond :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hi Sun.A, :hello:

Catching up at last! :)
    Glad to read that you had a fantastic holiday; hope happy memories succeed in dulling the annoyances you've suffered since returning home.

Another vote for cashing in DH's van - use some of the proceeds for those driving lessons, then if possible the rest towards a 'runabout' so you can avoid frustrations such as not being able to visit new baby in the future..
    beanielou wrote: »
    Am so glad that I don't have a pond :eek:

Wish I could get it together to build one at current home - ponds are fascinating! :D
    ..Still have the pump kit and fountain from a pond at previous house (new resident wanted it removed because he didn't trust his kids not to fall in! :eek:).
    Aah - one day, one day.. :o
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    yep sell the van, get driving lessons, I agree with Robin. That would be fab.

hope today was ok in the heat XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Obviously that is easier than done, maybe try and offer MR SA some kind of......I don't know

Ok I shall go think on this as to how to present it to Mr SA that it is a good idea......

did he really love his Job? XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,444 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

No Buffy he didn't love roofing he did nothing but moan about it. Obviously he's forgotten all that.

Finally got to see granddaughter yesterday. She's gorgeous and so tiny, like a doll. They said they'll visit more often now new mum is feeling better. Apparently her mum is interfering too much which is something I would never do. They were thrilled with all the stuff we and DD bought.

Bought tickets to a food and drink festival (local) next month. Mr SA wanted to go to the Jimmy's beer and sausage one but it's in Ipswich which is only 100 miles away but takes 3 1/2 hours on a train (why!!!).

Watching Edinburgh festival on BBC2 at the moment, really enjoying it. Culture Club on at the moment, remember going to see them in the 80's at Derby Assembly Rooms. Seems like yesterday!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,525 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Watching Live at the Castle too :grin:
    Glad you finally got to see your DGD :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thrilled you got to see the baby Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts