• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,365 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :eek: to Mr SA going up ladders!!

:D to more snuggles with DGD.

Have a lovely weekend Xx

From me too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thirded :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,339 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all!

Taking advantage of Mr SA still fast asleep to snatch a few precious minutes to myself. Had a bit of a battle with him yesterday over not going for coffee. Didn't give in to him, he sulked for a bit and wouldn't drink the coffee I made him. I said to him this is so much nicer sitting in the garden in the sun than sitting inside a coffee shop but he wouldn't have it. Reminded him he goes for coffees with carer most days of the week and I've been stuck inside an office all week.

In the afternoon DS and GF came round with GD so Mr SA was happy "helping" DS to fix roof. He made another attempt at the stepladder and DS just grabbed him in time before he fell. I just hope he doesn't try this again when there's no one around.

Didn't do too well diet wise yesterday it's made me realise I really need to plan ahead rather than just grab what's there. Will do menu plan today for next week. Also noticed the connection with finances, I really need to plan ahead!

Now down to £13 to last until Wednesday. Spent £4 yesterday on groceries and gave DS £5 to get himself a drink for doing roof.

No doubt today will bring another coffee battle with Mr SA.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done you for sticking to yiur guns over the coffee. It's sad but when they act like a child sometimes the best thing you can do is treat them as such. Saying no, meaning it and sticking to it will make the next battle easier for you.

DH also gets cabin fever. He doesn't cope well with a full day 'in the house'!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Feel for you on the coffee battles :(
    July has been a very loooonnnngggg month :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Well done for winning the coffee battle, I think the more you stick to your guns the less he might ask? After all as you say he gets to go with the carer most days anyway :)

P.S- Hide the stepladder when you are at work! :eek:
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 3/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £151.54 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks all

Well I lost the coffee battle yesterday but I didn't really mind as I don't get to go for coffees at any other time. However, the best laid plans and all that, I said just for coffee then we had a wander around town in the lovely warm sunshine and everyone was sitting outside bars having a cold drink so I said what the heck, drew out £20 and we sat having a drink but I drew the line at lunch. THEN spent £20 in Wilko on household stuff that I was going to get this week anyway and £14 in Tesco on grocery bits and bobs - both of which went on the card. So blew my good intentions financially and diet wise. THEN last night spent £30 on WW online buying journals/shopping guide/eating out guide/WW calculator and some boxes of choc bars - which in all honesty I was going to buy on payday anyway as they're doing free P&P until 2 August and if I'm going to do WW properly I need the right tools. So I have been a bit naughty :(

BUT things should be ok from now on, I get paid on Thursday, the new week's food budget starts on Wednesday and my plan is to put some money aside for weekend spends, maybe shave £20 off each week's budget to see if I can manage it.

Anyway back on the wagon now :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Just 2 days to payday and I'm planning ahead. We've got quite an expensive month coming up so I've listed all the things I know are happening so I can account for them well ahead. August looks like this:

1. This weekend we're going to a local festival type event so we'll need a bit of spending money for this, mainly food and drink.

2. The following week is a quiet one so hoping to have a low spend one to make up for the other weeks.

3. Week 3 we are going to a food and drink festival, paid for the tickets in advance but we'll need some spending money.

4. Week 4 (and most important of course :)) it's my birthday. Will need to keep a close watch on Mr SA this week as he wants to make up for not being around last year. I would love a Thomas Sabo bracelet but not sure how much these are. We are also planning a meal out and I have a lunch date with friends too. So an expensive week this one.

Been thinking about exercise - I know I get a lot of walking exercise but feel this isn't quite enough. I go to Zumba once a week and pay £4 for this. This means it costs me £16 per month. For £18 a month I could join a private gym which I pass every night on my way home. Might look into this as they do classes as well. I could pop in on my way home say 3 times a week and I'd get my money's worth. By the time I've walked 3 miles uphill home from work I don't really feel like doing anything else. But I'd still happily walk home from a gym session. Mmmm.

I'm doing well sticking to my WW plan, weigh in day tomorrow! Hopefully I've lost something!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Gym sounds a good idea :)
    When is your bday? Must be near mine.

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    23 August Beanie. When's yours?

I don't know why but I hate Tuesdays more than Mondays. I always feel fed up and grumpy.

Sorting through my purse today I came across a John Lewis free coffee and cake voucher expires Thursday. So I was very MSE but not very WW and instead of going to Zumba went for free coffee and wholemeal scone. Sat flicking through a magazine and it was bliss to get some time to myself. And I've still got my £4 class money. I love my job but it's very manic and I get hassled constantly. I get home from work and Mr SA starts hassling me straightaway. I would just like to sit for a while with a coffee and read and regroup. But it rarely happens it starts up again the minute I walk through the door.

Mr SA's bee in his bonnet today is he is adamant the van needs a new tyre. I said no we are getting rid of it, don't want to start spending on it. He thinks he's got to maintain it. The sooner we get rid of it the better. Not sure how you go about selling a van with no tax or MOT though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport