PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th November 2019

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Options
    Morning, I'm here but think it will be a slow and gentle morning. I'm tired. But it's nearly the weekend and I'm not working today. Just got an appointment at the bank late morning. So I will be spending this morning getting the finances in order. Also need to find various bits of paper so I guess that will make me go through the tray (mountain ) on the desk. Fire already on so room will be nice and warm to work in soon.

Coffee time and I think I'll have to have caffeine this time, I normally only ever drink decaf.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all

Quick one from me. Kitchen now spotless, DH at home today so he has a list, have fab Fridays all xx
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 November 2019 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Hope everyone is doing well.

My list for today
    Breakfast, shower and dressDONE
    Check financesDONE
    Do required uni workWIP
    Put away laundry that was done yesterday.DONE
    Quick clean in the bathroomDONE
    Quick clean in the kitchenDONE
    Look for freelance work
    Catch up with emailsDONE
    Add more ideas to the Christmas present list
    Add more ideas to the Christmas gift list
    Sign up to freebies site (used to get a reasonable amount of freebies bit not had anything for a while)
    Dust the bedroom and have a quick tidy up
    Look at ways to make more money using apps (upgraded recently to an iphone so feel that there may be apps that I could be making use of, any suggestions greatly appreciated)WIP
    Do online grocery shopDONE
    Raise invoicesDONE
    Add new add-on to blog siteDONE
    Spend an hour on paid work
    Family tv night for the big yellow teddy (annual tradition in my house)

Slightly longer list for me today so best get started, Hope everyone has a good day, stay warm and safe
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Daily stuff done
    Water is every where in the park, last time it flooded like this was 2007, it is going to days to go down, once it has fully risen.

Boring stuff to do this afternoon relating to the shower and cleaning it!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just had my lunch break, during which I...

Did all dailies
    Sorted some more paperwork
    Laundry folded and away
    Today’s load put on to airers
    No so much rain here today but it’s murky and damp. After work I am planning a bit more cupboard sorting, hoping to clear more clutter. One day I will get there!
    Also need to menu plan for next week and make a shopping list. Will do that with DH once he is home.

Enjoy your afternoon all. TGIF!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    General ridiculousness at the paid stuff, think I need to submit a chargeback request as my phone is nowhere to be seen but EE insist I've collected it, Himself is working 6 days a week until Christmas and I think this means Military Precision is necessary in the house for the next couple of months, as he's just handed me my tea - demonstrating that he has forgotten what food is again - I've received half a parsnip, a sweet potato and three cauliflower florets, sitting lonely on a plate.

I think I need to get an online delivery sorted sharpish.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m not sure how it is now Friday evening but here I am. Not a lot other than dailies achieved over the past couple of days. The flying frenzy from earlier in the week might as well not have happened judging by the kitchen and bathroom.

I have a houseful this weekend so DH was instructed to shop with a very specific list. 3 hours later he returned - I know I should learn from the past but I always hope that the next time will be different. Oh well....

Welcome back MMM!
    I hope everyone is keeping dry. We are at the top of the hill so it is windy but the water keeps away. I will pay for this when the snows come though.

Back tomorrow. Have a lovely evening all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning friends :)

I didn't sleep too well, but feel pretty refreshed this morning. Long flying list to get through, after which I will reward myself by watching strictly with a glass of wine and a bowl of pasta :T

I have already tidied the floordrobe in our bedroom, I am now slurping a cuppa before I take the dog out. DH will take the kids swimming so I can crack on.

Have lovely days all, I'll report back later xx
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

The soap opera version of my life continues :( Long story short: DS is now suddenly and unexpectedly unemployed. I spent yesterday morning, while at work, trying to support and counsel him over the phone. I'd dragged myself to work thinking 'I don't know how I'm going to get through today' (no spoons left) - little did I know the :eek: that awaited. I survived, as you do. And so will DS.

Currently we're 'surviving' in a tip (again) with very little food in the cupboards (again) - can you hear the no-longer-spinning-plates crashing as they fall? They can't be my plates - mine are all in the washing up bowl :o

I'd run away - but I don't have the energy; so I'll put on my big girl knickers and do a bit / sit a bit through the day. Spare spoons welcome here - please throw in my direction :)

Round 1:
    1. take parrots - headache again
    2. get washed & dressed
    3. bring down laundry hamper & sort washing in to loads
    4. set WM swishing
    5. put rubbish out
    6. feed the birds
    7. eat breakfast

I hope everyone is safe and dry.
    Take care
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Hope your headache improves round and DS gets another job soon.

I've been up a while but not dressed yet as I've been catching up on a lot of home admin. Just having breakfast and I'm a teeny bit excited about going to my first Christmas fair for this year.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family