PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th November 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a cuppa Round. Have done a very quick hoover through, round things.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Round.. is his job there or here??? The pub where OH works is desperate for staff.. they took 10 people on since July and only 2 are still there! They have kitchen and bar vacancies .. it is just this side of the bridge (St Andrews Quay, if that helps any) It might not be perfect but will tide him over until something new comes along.. he doesn't need bar or kitchen experience either. Honestly, if he is interested.. give me a shout and I will message you the email address.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    R I got water in the footwell of my car when a drain that channels water from near windscreen wipers was blocked. You never know it might not be too serious, hugs for DS too.

Celebrated DS1s 21st birthday at the races yesterday, very enjoyable (but expensive day). DS2 is home from Uni for his brothers birthday and DS1s GF is here so we have a houseful. I am not stressing about the mess, have washed and dried some of DSs laundry for him to take back and fed everyone but thats about it.

Will have to go out and take Mum her birthday card but will do that when DS needs a lift to the train station.
  • pigpen
    Options
    Right.. dryer is fixed.. however.. its plug socket is not so I need to get that sorted too.. I don't have a long enough exension lead or I would be using it already.

Waiting for cooker delivery .. not heard anything so far, they were supposed to send a 4 hour slot this morning.. nothing. Just had an idea to check email but nothing there either.. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't turn up.. but I will be blooming furious too.. 5 weeks I've been waiting for delivery with a broken oven!

1 load of washing done and a bit of work top cleared.
    I have a few boxes in the hallway to sort/empty/fling and I have an ebeast parcel to get ready to post.. I have a few more bits I want to list too.. and I need to find my christmas present book and update my list on there (11:31 done).. it is getting pretty full now thank goodness.. very few left to think of presents for but lots still to get. Then I can finish my mothers shopping (5:23 done) and what.. 5 weeks to get it all done in.. *sigh* I am being better prepared next year regardless of what my intentions were this year it didn't happen and last year my christmas money went on a May wedding and this year decorating the back room.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Back from our outing, was wet underfoot but not too bad, had a nice walk through the woods and round the natty trust house. Cuddled up under a blanket with my book now, may have a little snooze before starting supper, I’ve put a wash load in for tomorrow and draped this mornings stuff on the airer with the dehumidifier going.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend all x
  • pigpen
    Options
    socket fixed... dryer on... Clean undies here I come!!
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,081 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Round.. is his job there or here??? The pub where OH works is desperate for staff.. they took 10 people on since July and only 2 are still there! They have kitchen and bar vacancies .. it is just this side of the bridge (St Andrews Quay, if that helps any) It might not be perfect but will tide him over until something new comes along.. he doesn't need bar or kitchen experience either. Honestly, if he is interested.. give me a shout and I will message you the email address.

Thank you pigpen xx I'll mention it to DS - he does have bar experience from summer jobs while he was at Uni. He's going on holiday tomorrow with GF so I'll wait for him to get back next weekend, then we'll have a chat.
    R I got water in the footwell of my car when a drain that channels water from near windscreen wipers was blocked. You never know it might not be too serious, hugs for DS too.

Thank you YL xx I checked the door seal and I've just been out to check the window wiper gulley - nothing obvious there - but I'm going to G00gle the underneath bits and see if that could be the problem. (Can you tell I'm not mechanically minded? :rotfl:)

WM x 2 done - trying to dry DS's jeans on the radiator as I have a suspicion he'll want then for his hols. Mystic Mammy :D

WUDUPA one bowl of pots.

Was feeling pat-on-the-back about myself as I'd bought bangers and mash for DS and GF's tea for a change. Then I remembered GF doesn't eat anything from a pig - and, you've guessed it, pork sausages. Blast! So GF will have my pasta bake instead. Wish I'd bought two now lol. Spare bangers are now in the freezer - they can be defrosted for DS's tea at a later date :money:

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I went out shopping to Mr L and Mr M (because they're near each other;)) and bought chicken and squash so I could knock up a roast dinner and squash and lentil soup (for quick meals). Put DW on - it would need two runs- and the offspring tidied up and washed up unasked *faint*.
    Have also played boardgames (well they played Risk then we all played Payday).
    Cold gone now.

Once again I haven't achieved all I would have liked to but I have had some quality time with loved ones. And that's priceless.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    Options
    I pm'd the email Round.. if he chooses to apply or not doesn't matter, he has the option xx I hope he doesn't let this spoil his holiday xx

All quiet in here.. so I'm off tom find school clothes, reload the DW, make a cuppa and do nothing for the evening.. might see if I can find a christmas film!
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,081 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    I pm'd the email Round.. if he chooses to apply or not doesn't matter, he has the option xx I hope he doesn't let this spoil his holiday xx

Thank you pigpen xx I tried to pm you back but your mail box is full. I'll pass the details on to DS when he comes back from his holiday.

The pasta bake was big enough for both GF and me :D

Sorted through and recycled some junk mail

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing