PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th November 2019

Options

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Hope your headache improves round and DS gets another job soon.

Thank you Jazee xx Enjoy your first Christmas Fair of the year :xmassmile Do you go to the one in Lincoln at the beginning of December?

I'm drinking my cuppa and watching two brothers empty their parents' bungalow across the road, which has now sold. Mum is in a home. Dad died.

Round 1 done. Is it hot or is it me? :o

I've also:
    made my bed
    opened bedroom & bathroom windows to let in some [STRIKE]foggy[/STRIKE] fresh air
    changed towels in the bathroom
    flung empty toothpaste tube and toilet roll wrapper
    emptied DS's gym bag and added to WM loads
    cleared pile of to-be-washed clothes dumped on the sofa when DS packed a bag for overnight stay at GF's (he doesn't usually do that) and added to WM loads
    flung dead flowers
    decanted bird seed in to container
    cleared airer of clothes washed in the week - they are now airing on the radiators instead and airer is folded up

I can see my kitchen :T

I don't know who flung that very large spoon in my direction - but thank you :D Much appreciated.
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Round 2:
    1. Laundry shuffle
    2. Set next load swishing
    3. WUDUPA one bowl of pots
    4. coffee

I think I might put some music on while I get that little lot done.
    Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Early night for me last night as, once again, I have a cold. And I've had a lie in. I must have been nearly unconscious as I didn't hear DD turn up (at 10:30) or DS's GF (time unknown).

Round, that's awful for DS - and, as I know from personal experience, a real blow to one's confidence. There are temp jobs going though, fingers crossed for him.

I did manage, before collapsing last night, to get on Amaz0n, cancel 'free' prime I inadvertantly signed up to and order more cinnamon sticks for Christmas Crafternoon. Candles from the Swedish store (kid has older sibling who works there and I am beyond cheeky and asked if she could get them for us (good cause) at staff discount) have actually been donated, which is lovely. And I've had the genius idea of cutting up leftover school satsumas to make mini orange slices. We're making candles wrapped in cinnamon sticks (fingers crossed) - it is Y6 though.
    So they're drying in the oven.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning.
    I’m faffing. I need to clear the kitchen out to fit people in. Minor panic now setting in.

All my spare spoons coming your way, Round. Fingers crossed that your DS gets another job soon. DD lost her first part time job last month just because they said they no longer needed anyone on her shift, and it’s dented her confidence big time.

Going back to procrastinating (posh faffing :D) , back later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Options
    Been volunteering
    Off for a walk now to see where the river is! hopefully it will have dropped back to where it should be.

Hoovered round
    Kitchen done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Round 2 completed - sans music as I realised I need quiet :)
    Valli wrote: »
    Round, that's awful for DS - and, as I know from personal experience, a real blow to one's confidence. There are temp jobs going though, fingers crossed for him
    Fayolle wrote: »
    All my spare spoons coming your way, Round. Fingers crossed that your DS gets another job soon. DD lost her first part time job last month just because they said they no longer needed anyone on her shift, and it’s dented her confidence big time.

Thank you ladies xx I am concerned about the damage to his confidence and self-esteem - but all I can do is be here. He may be 6' tall with a beard, but he's still my 'baby'.... and Mama Tiger wanted to rip out their hearts with my bare hands :mad: (But they've said he'll get a good reference so I'll wait until he has that in his hand first!!!)

Taking a break now - but I have reloaded the washing up bowl and piled all the dirty pots together, so the kitchen doesn't look quite so chaotic as it did :)

Without flylady I doubt that I'd have done anything this morning. So a great big THANK YOU to you all

Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Go you, Roundtuit! Carp for DS, but he can do it - there's more casual work around this time of year than any other, so he's got a good chance of getting at least a temporary stopgap.

I slept like a brick, then woke up just past normal time. Bleurgh. Bit stuffy and headachey, so stayed there until I had to get up, had a shower, got dressed and then looked at downstairs.

Meh. Quick wipeover of the hob, countertops and appliances, quilt cover just finished in the WM and to go into the TD, one load of washing up about to be tackled, floor swept, then I've got some vacuuming to do, a quick spray of the bathrooms and I can decided whether I'm actually going to be doing anything else or not today.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hugs Round xx

Very productive morning here. New phone contract sorted, laundry done, post office done, invoicing done, sun bed done, poo picked, kitchen spotless, top up shop done.

DH now laying the fire and I may nap xx
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Hugs round and a spare spoon or two being flung if you need it.

I had a nice lie in this morning... After work last night I made a start by cleaning and dusting the office, spare room and top floor. Also cleaned the bathroom.

This morning I....

Sorted dry laundry
    Stripped bed and got it in to wash
    Made up bed with clean linen
    Wet wash on to airers
    Food shop done
    More washing in machine for when I have some space to dry it
    Placed Christmas order with butcher
    Bought paint for bedroom and en suite, being painted next month
    Selected curtains and ordered online
    Vac packed spare duvets and pillows and DH put in the attic out of the way
    DH hoovered and dusted lounge, dining room, conservatory and hallway
    Wiped over kitchen
    S/s downstairs loo and utility room

I think that will do for today! DH is now sat with the paper and I’m going to curl up with my book for a couple of hours.

Enjoy the rest of your day all x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Round, I've never been to Lincoln. It's on my list of places to visit.

I have done the dailies, been to Christmas fair, washed doggie bedding, kept up with washing up, done physio and cleaned downstairs loo after unblocking it. Yuck.

DH is now home so I'm just going to chill for the rest of the day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport