• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hi pinky what's an OS pot?
    CRx
  • woodfired
    woodfired Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow PP, great progress on the financials!! Is yours a truly offset mortgage or do you just have a savings account that runs alongside? I would love to have all savings in one place but find they are all over the place to make the most of various interest rates (that are all capped at different amounts!).

Your weekend sounds lovely and I'm glad you are feeling more positive again. Keep up the good work!
    New Mortgage: £240 999 7/2/20Current Balance: £ 205 000 Aug 23Mortgage Advance £27 000 April 2022Current Balance £22 450 Aug 23Business Loan £89 000 Jan 2023Current Balance £44 499 Aug 23
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi pinky what's an OS pot?
    CRx

Hi CR :)

I have an offset mortgage so rather than making actual over payments I put mine into the savings part which I call my offset pot.
    Hope your little one (and her mummy) has had an easier day . Xxx
    woodfired wrote: »
    Wow PP, great progress on the financials!! Is yours a truly offset mortgage or do you just have a savings account that runs alongside? I would love to have all savings in one place but find they are all over the place to make the most of various interest rates (that are all capped at different amounts!).

Your weekend sounds lovely and I'm glad you are feeling more positive again. Keep up the good work!

Hiya WF - I do feel positively elated as all those component parts are really adding up - the saving, no unnecessary spends, planning,cutting waste, earning extra where possible. The cumulative affect is amazing. I'm so glad I started my journey and my diary as the finances are coming together but life is also more relaxed and fulfilling than it has been in years - I certainly don't feel deprived, rather the opposite really :)
    My mortgage is a proper offset so the £116 a month interest on the os pot can either reduce my monthly payments by £116 or pay £116 off the capital and keep the repayments the same. I do the latter as it drives the mortgage down quicker :p
    Hope you and your little ones had a half term :) xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Another wet and windy day but I've drawn my fleece lined curtains, dug out the draught excluders, lit the stove defrosted some hm soup and had a cosy night in:)
    Yes I have been reading mothernerd's fab thread having seen it mentioned in CathT's diary. It's so good:D. I've missed the boat for November but I'll be playing along and will definitely join December's challenges officially. So many great ideas on these boards - I love it :);)

In money news there is none! However, small steps to success and wellbeing have included;

A nsd

A short and rather wet run

Drank enough water

Two loads of DD's laundry done and on airers in front of the wood burner

Dry laundry folded and put away

Had my free flu jab

Met with pensions advisor :eek::eek: why are pensions so scary and complicated? Decisions to make so I just set aside dedicated time to read and digest the report. One good thing was that my AVC is the best vehicle for topping up my pension pot so at least no changes need to be made there.

Cheap,healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and three bean chilli and cous cous for dinner)

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Recycling sorted out ready for collection

Cupboards and freezer checked,meal plan and shopping list done

Marking up to date and classroom tidy

Off for a catch up on the diaries followed by an early night.

Happy Hump Day to you :)

PP xx
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Hi Pinky can I ask what this legendary mothernerd thread is? I hear these challenges being mentioned :)
    Choose kind:)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hiya Nutty, it's over on the Debt Free Wannabe challenges thread. It's really good :)
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Thanks, Pinky - I'll take a look
    Choose kind:)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hazelnutty wrote: »
    Thanks, Pinky - I'll take a look

I think you'll really like it Nutty, there's some great finance/thrift stuff to go at but it's the holistic bits that are particularly good. Taking care of your health and wellbeing and trying to promote the wellbeing of others is such an important part of the journey . I hope you find it as motivating as I did,it's giving me a real sense of purpose:D
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:
    Another work day done and a step closer to the weekend:j. Its been wet and wild here (again!) but I treat myself to an early finish and was home in good time so I got the stove lit and it warmed the house up really quickly, so much so that the heating didn't come on:D
    I'm going to try and do this on nights when we're in as one bucket of coal keeps the downstairs warm and gets a load of laundry dry overnight.

It's been a spendy day as I did the grocery shop on my way home so £20.99 spent. With getting home sooner I got some things done ahead of the weekend. I had defrosted steak and mushroom pie filling so I made a batch of pastry in the FP and froze half. The filling made 5 individual pies so they'll do dinner tomorrow plus two lunches. I also peeled and stewed the last of the apples. I've kept some in the fridge for breakfasts, froze some and made an apple pie for the kid's pudding tomorrow.
    I also have a confession :o. Despite filling my freezer with all things pumpkin I saw a huge one on post Halloween clearance and it sort of fell into my trolley:rotfl: it's been sat in the pantry all week so now it's been chopped, roasted and put in bags in the freezer for soup at a later date :)

Other small steps to success and wellbeing included;

Dry laundry folded and put away

Drank enough water

Spin class done

Showered at the gym

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and chicken curry from the freezer and rice for dinner.

Did my turtle deed for the day - went to £stretcher on the way home and stocked up on winter medicines. Flu capsules with the same active ingredients as Beechams - 16 for 69p:money:, paracetamol 15p and ibuprofen 25p. I've already got vapour rub and lip balm so I just need throat sweets now and we are prepared for the inevitable and won't have to pay extortionate prices for things by getting caught short:). Love that thread.

My electric blanket is on so I'm going to make a cup of tea and settle in for an hour of reading before bed. Bliss:)

Happy Thursday to you:)

PPxx
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a great thread isn't it. I'm so glad apple signposted me. It's definitely the little things that make a difference and I'm also a true believer in self care and compassion and it's quite a nurturing thread.

That was a mammoth food shop for you.

Any weekend plans?
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback