Eon Reporting To Equifax

Options

Comments

• sem87
    sem87 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2014 at 12:12AM
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping that as recent posts have been replied to that someone (hopefully Malc) can help me. I had an old account with Eon which defaulted when I was made redundant. They referred it to a collections agency who I have been paying weekly since 2012. My report states 6's in all boxes even though I have been paying the collectors (to forward on) and it also states that the last delinquent date is in jan14. I have been paying this since 2012. I have also received a letter and overpayment cheque from eon in feb 2014 yet it is still showing as 6's. Please help me as it is affecting my score even more :(
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi sem87

The '6' we've shared means the debt is over 6 months old at the time of the share.

We'll continue to share this as long as there's a balance on the account. Once cleared, we'll share an 'S.' This will show the debt has been cleared and will reduce the impact of the '6.'

Reference to a 'delinquent balance' also means there's a balance on the account that's over 6 months old.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The simple moral of all these posts seems to be - don't get into debt!

But then I'm very old fashioned - I never buy anything that I can't pay cash for (except for the house) and if I can't afford something then I go without it. That way I am able to pay the council tax, energy bills food and basic clothing. Strict budgeting is the order of the day.

You don't have to be in debt for this to be a problem, mistakes can be made and often are.

Currently at least 3 of the "big 6" report to CRA and it's likely all energy companies will be doing this in due course.

So, unless you don't have any gas or electric, be lucky!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vote with your feet.
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The simple moral of all these posts seems to be - don't get into debt!

But then I'm very old fashioned - I never buy anything that I can't pay cash for (except for the house) and if I can't afford something then I go without it. That way I am able to pay the council tax, energy bills food and basic clothing. Strict budgeting is the order of the day.

Instead of pontificating perhaps read properly the companies do muck it up so whose fault is that.... esp when it takes months or longer to rectify
  • sem87
    Options
    Thanks for your response Malc. I don't understand why it shows a 6 though, surely it should be defaulted back in 11/12? Also, I have more than settled it through the collections agency but it is not yet showing as satisfied. I'm trying so hard to repair my credit file but these 6's are making it 10 times worse and not showing a true reflection??
  • sem87
    Options
    Who can I contact at Eon for them to check their entries on my report? I've had a letter confirming the account is paid and a cheque for an overpayment but they have updated it since this date showing a balance of £41 and still with a 6??? Baffled!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi sem87

The maximum number of months we'll share is 6. Where the debt is older and after a series of 6s have been shared, we'll then share a 'D' or default notice.

We didn't start sharing, though, until the back half of 2012. I'm guessing that if your balance went to a DCA before this initial share, it will have remained as a 6 rather than a D.

The 6 shown at the time of the share will have been a true reflection of the account at that time. As such, it won't be changed.

Datashare queries are dealt with by our Director's Office (contact details are on the bills). Alternatively, if you drop an email to the address in my Profile, I'll be happy to talk to them about the query.

Might be an idea to talk directly to Equifax too.

Hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hector_MacBovril
    Options
    Signed up to equifax to check my credit file with them, and now discover that I have an EON account registered as default with them.

I split from my partner last year, and believe that EON were notified to remove my name from the joint account. It now transpires that the default has been accrued since after I moved out of the property.

Can anyone advise what the best course of action is to get this removed from my credit file.
  • MK55
    MK55 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Signed up to equifax to check my credit file with them, and now discover that I have an EON account registered as default with them.

I split from my partner last year, and believe that EON were notified to remove my name from the joint account. It now transpires that the default has been accrued since after I moved out of the property.

Can anyone advise what the best course of action is to get this removed from my credit file.

What do you mean, by 'believe' they were notified? If you didn't do it, how do you know it's been done?

I would maybe ask one of the forum reps but think you would need some sort of proof to show you didn't live there in the time period you've been defaulted for, i.e. council tax bills for a different address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback