Enstroga Anyone ?

Options
molerat
molerat Posts: 31,858 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 18 August 2018 at 11:23AM in Energy
As title, anyone dipped their toes in the Enstroga water ? Waiting for an e-mail quote as they don't put the tariff prices on their site and the switching sites don't all seem to tie up with the available tariff names shown. They are the only ones coming up anywhere near competitive on a fixed tariff, only £13 a year over my Iresa electric and £70 less than my new Octopus variable.

edit : Found a couple of mentions on here and linked to Trustpilot, not sure it is a good idea. Just wish Zog would get their finger out now they have an electricity licence.

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspect that they will be overwhelmed with ex Iresa customers by Monday -its anyone's guess whether they will collapse under the strain!!
  • molerat
    Options
    Decided against it and gone with Eversmart.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do Eversmart require you to have a smart meter, if so what sort (make)
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • molerat
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5686344
    Feedback seems to be they try to coerce the gullible but no compulsion, I will wait and see ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Decided against it and gone with Eversmart.
    is nt that a variable tariff ?. I have three friends who I advised to switch to Iresa Energy and they re now asking me to find them the lowest supplier other than Octopus.
    So far White Rose Energy are coming up the cheapest fixed deal.
    They are all high users with 19000 gas kwh s and 5000 kwh s electric
  • molerat
    Options
    Houbara wrote: »
    is nt that a variable tariff ?.
    No, it is a 12 mth fix, the comparison sites have got it wrong for some reason. Also some sites show as a dual fuel only available whereas they cover and/or/either.

Their site seems awfully slow now - I wonder why ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 August 2018 at 10:04PM
    Options
    As a shortly-to-be Octopus Energy customer, I was all set to switch to Yorkshire Energy next week, Now it seems that they have already reached their subscription target and pulled their cheap fixed tariff. The new one is approx £120 more than Iresa, the old one was £50 more. I'm now amazed to see that the cheapest dual fuel is E.On's fixed v16 tariff, now a whole £3 less than YE.
    I've run a comparison for separate gas and electricity tariffs, which I've never had before, and it's coming up with Cardiff Energy for gas and Enstroga for electricity, the total being only £44 more than Iresa.
    So I'd urge ex-Iresa customers to explore the non-dual fuel options as well as dual fuel if they are seeking to minimise the extra cost post-Iresa.
    PS: rechecking to include the fixed Eversmart tariff that is shown as variable, it's £6 cheaper than the Cardiff Energy/Enstroga option. But after reading the Eversmart thread, I'm deterred from going anywhere near then. Sounds remarkably like Iresa!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • molerat
    Options
    Still not got back to me with a quote, looks like I may have dodged a bullet.
  • thriftytwosome
    Options
    I have recently switched, but they don’t seem to have passed on the gas meter reading to old supplier who wants still bill me for gas. Trying to get through on the phone is a nightmare, they just don’t answer, leaving a message to ring back is useless. Terrible customer service, well, non existent! I will switch again as soon as I can. Very frustrating.
  • psamuel
    psamuel Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Switched today to Enstroga, im guessing they have lots of ex Iresa subscribers.
    Did complete my details via their website but have not heard anything, so completed the switch to them via compare the market.
    Autumn attraction just a few pounds more than Iresa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure