Add your feedback on energy supplier iSupply

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We moved out of a rental property 16 months ago. Out of the blue we have recieved a £1200 bill via email, followed by three threatening letters with added interest for late payment. I have called them twice, they say it is I relation to the meter readings at the end of tenancy. Both people I spoke to have said different things about the delay.

We had paid our final bill and settled the account 16 months ago.

They are putting the onus on us to prove that we don't owe it instead of on them to prove that we do. We have received nothing to tell us exactly what it is for. What should we do?

Have you checked the bill to confirm the billing period? In cases where the previous tenant moves out without informing the supplier, the statement will show a date when you were not responsible. I assume that you gave the supplier actual meter readings when you moved in, and periodic meter readings during the time that you were there? Armed with a copy of your tenancy agreement you should be able to resolve this matter.
  • braggit13
    braggit13 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 March 2018 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Avoid iSupply unless you want to pay for electricity without knowing how much you actually owe them.

Experience was OK to begin with - the usual nice 'welcome' emails/letters - but after a few meter readings were sent and validated the problems started. We had been given a huge underestimate of how much our bill would be, resulting in a 50% uplift at first, but this still didn't cover the whole bill. This only came to light at the end of our 12-month fixed contract as iSupply had rejected the last FOUR meter readings that we had submitted, even though photos of the meter had been sent to them as requested (not even a SIGN of Lowri Beck visits to physically check the meter readings).

Yes, we have been having significant building works done during that time - meaning power tools, battery chargers and gaping holes in building fabric through the coldest months - so I get that we owe more than was expected, but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for iSupply to ignore meter readings being submitted into their system like they ask and then getting all 'uppity' when we request a switch to a new supplier!
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm trying to finalise paying off the gap bill between two tenants to iSupply who simply sent me a bill for an approximate calendar month instead. It does seem to be possible to get through on the phone at least (in contrast to some years ago). Will watch this space.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    They seems to be a company in crisis. They're bewilderingly unable to resolve a relatively simple problem, which has turned into a complaint, which looks like it's going to end up with the ombudsman. Letters have been 'lost', online message unanswered, and others answered by people who clearly don't have time to read things properly.

Worse customer service I've ever encountered by a massive margin.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not had any major issues with this supplier
    In the rare event you do need to bring somethging to their attention, then logging it via the online account means it will receive attn.

It does seem they often have a purge on messages logged via the online account system every Friday afternoon, and it can be that in their haste, they can occassionally miss the salient point of a message.
    In such an event, simply reply to their response stating their error and they will strive to address it in their next response.

Only left them there were cheaper options available elsewhere at contract renewal time.
    Their prices do seem all over the place, varying from good value to poor value and back (are they pricing to control demand?), so it all depends on the timing of your application/renewal
  • shortcrust
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    Not had any major issues with this supplier
    In the rare event you do need to bring somethging to their attention, then logging it via the online account means it will receive attn.

It does seem they often have a purge on messages logged via the online account system every Friday afternoon, and it can be that in their haste, they can occassionally miss the salient point of a message.
    In such an event, simply reply to their response stating their error and they will strive to address it in their next response.

Only left them there were cheaper options available elsewhere at contract renewal time.
    Their prices do seem all over the place, varying from good value to poor value and back (are they pricing to control demand?), so it all depends on the timing of your application/renewal

Lucky you! In my case a message via the online account results in a reply around two weeks later, if at all. It's more than frustrating to wait two weeks for a reply only to find that the reply is based on a daft misreading of my message, then exactly the same with the follow up message. Weeks and weeks of achieving nothing.

The last message I had from them about my complaint said they'd be in touch in 10 working days. It's now 14 days and counting.

:(
  • shortcrust
    Options
    shortcrust wrote: »
    Lucky you! In my case a message via the online account results in a reply around two weeks later, if at all. It's more than frustrating to wait two weeks for a reply only to find that the reply is based on a daft misreading of my message, then exactly the same with the follow up message. Weeks and weeks of achieving nothing.

The last message I had from them about my complaint said they'd be in touch in 10 working days. It's now 14 days and counting.

:(

Update!

They got in touch the day after I posted this to say they were still investigating and would be in touch within 10 working days (again). That was five weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. It's now 15 weeks since I contacted them with what I thought was a relatively simple complaint.

Looks like I'm off to Ofgem.
  • sbradnam
    sbradnam Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My 3-year fix now looking decidedly cheap and good value. I provide readings regularly - they even reviewed and adjusted my gas DD down earlier this year. No problems at all; very happy, with a year and 2 months of the fix to run.
  • Bendo
    Bendo Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 October 2018 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Awful provider, take 2 months to reply to messages sent via their online portal, take about an hour to answer the phone. Their billing system is in the dark ages and doesn't recognise a credit card payment until after your next infrequent bill has been generated so they block your switch to another provider even though you are in credit.

Oh and it is 2018, what two bit company has a customer service dept that shuts at 5PM and has no feedback of position in queue etc.

Hopefully they won't take months to generate a final bill and credit as I've just worked out that with the card payment I did, I'm now £390 in credit.
  • SueJS
    Options
    I've just switched from iSupply to a different supplier due to contract coming to an end and getting a better deal. I havn't had any problems with iSupply until the switch. It's now been 9 weeks since termination of the contract. When I enquired when I would be receiving my money they informed me it will be another 28 days as my final invoice had only just been created.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure