Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 April 2018 at 8:31AM
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, - 3/15 -
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -1 walk, 1 book
    Love yourself -took time this morning for a proper face cleanse, serum, moisturiser, eye cream. Also body crème & mascara (not usually worn when at home all day) Wearing my favourite jumper :D

Find time to get outside. - again not out today other than delivering children to places - rainy/ hailing
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - 6 items listed on flebay to help with this. Also sent an extra £250 to the savings acct for final pymt on OH's car
    Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month - that's gonna cost......
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - not touched it today :)
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * 'shopping' from the loft boxes of clothes for DS2 & DS3 :money:
    * persuading DS2 & DS3 to spend 30 mins each tidying/ sorting their bedrooms this afternoon - after getting them to sort/ tidy all their books this morning. Few books passed down/ boxed up to go to NNS, few bits of gribble binned/ recycled. Lots still to do, but some progress made :T
    * sorting expense claims out for OH and finding a few unclaimed for receipts - bonus (albeit less than £30 :D)
    * use it up dinners this evening -all 4 of us ate completely different things to use up various bits/ leftovers from fridge and freezer :)

Budgets:
    Food 5.46/450
    Travel £75
    Gifts £150
    Toiletries £10
    Cleaning £10
    Social £150
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    #13 Checking in....
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs - 2/15 took DS swimming today & treated him to a sausage roll. Planned expense.

Pay to your debt or savings first - Jiggling a few things to cover the deficit.

Report in every day. 4/4

Interests - OK I'm cutting myself some slack here. I want to finish an online course but going to wait until DS back in school on Monday to get stuck in properly.

Love yourself - Went for a 2nd interview today. Used all my best beauty products and felt fabulous. Hopefully negotiated a higher salary if successful because well I'm worth it!!!

Find time to get outside - Rainy day so went swimming (ha ha so got wet anyway). At least we left the house.

Overpay - Will revisit this later in the month need £44

Organise your month - Didn't get to @ldi but online shop came to £7 less than budgeted for.

Lose one bad habit - Hardly anytime on social media today.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Living in a lovely part of Wales, My parents for their availability for childcare at the drop of a hat, DS being so good I really enjoy his company.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 April 2018 at 8:29PM
    Options
    A - 2/15 NSD today
    P - Done.
    R - Done.
    I - Jigsaw puzzle and mindfulness colouring.
    L - Had a relaxing bath.
    F - Walked to and from bus stop to Dad's house about 10 minutes each way. Had to pick up some documents to send to my brother.
    O - Paid £32 of coins into my savings account today.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Still struggling with social media.
    S - Grateful for:
    Nice weather this morning.
    Having the windows open for a couple of hours.
    Achieving what I could today.
    Wrote out list of shopping and other things I need to do tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for super kind and helpful bus drivers (getting out of their cabin to help people on and off the bus), for a seat on our trains, for being with quiet passengers, for our packed lunches, for getting home in daylight, for dd recovering enough to enjoy her dance dress rehearsal, for chats with dh,for an elderlyfriend being so much better that she is now like Tigger compared with how she has been recently.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick check in, another NSD. Have a few things I need to buy but I'm trying to wait and buy everything strategically on the same day to save NSD's and save money!

Today I'm grateful for making progress at the chiropractor.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • CosmicZebra
    CosmicZebra Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope all is well.
    Still 3/15 NSD- very spendy £46.50 Day out with various family members. Plus a £50 Ald! shop. But all conscious spending, so still not frittering :money:
    Outside- took kids to a farm so out in the rain most of the afternoon
    No pampering, just minimally presentable.
    Lose habit- talked briefly about work, but largely focused on enjoying the moment.
    Grateful for- my family:)
    Savings from frugal & simple living:
    Jan ISA& Save Acc £1600 Mort o/paid £250
    Feb ISA&save acc £1330.89 Mort o/paid£500
    March ISA&save ac£811.35 mort o/paid £250
    :j
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Spend day today, so NSD total is still 3 / 15
    Budgets:
    Groceries - £14.85 / 250.00
    Pet food - £1.98 / 18.00
    Diesel - £46.86 / £80
    Presents - £0 / 60 (family birthdays)
    Toiletries and cleaning supplies - £11.08 / 30

Donated my usual £5 or thereabouts of food items to the local food bank :) Came to just under this month, £4.90. I count this small regular charity donation as a separate budget.

Grateful for:
    My spending diary and spreadsheet, which allow me to keep track of finances :)
    A cosy home and good food to eat :)
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Treated myself to some posh roasting potatoes from M & S for later on in the week bringing my spends to £38.84/£350.

Received a £5 voucher for Amazon from Swagbucks. Have applied it to my account and I've now got enough to buy the little one a new raincover for his pram which is much needed as I accidently caught the old one under the wheels and it's ripped to shreds.

Finished reading a book today and logged it into Goodreads. I've now reached 10% of my target but I'm still 2 behind schedule.

Today I'm grateful for quick and simple dinners.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fan

Whats this?

Thanked 15,437 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 2/30 spent on cinema today
    Report in every day. Made it, just
    Interests not today, mostly relaxing tbh
    Love yourself coffee & cake with a good friend

Find time to get outside. Pouring down all day & legs ache after yesterday's run
    Overpay Nothing today, will do it weekly
    Organise your month. Still tomorrow's plan
    Lose one bad habit. Turning phone off, this one is so hard
    Sign off with a list of gratitudes. Friends who are always there, and the kids who I adore & who annoy me in fairly equal measure!
    Mr T 14370.78 Bank 4955.04 Mortgage £160,000
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. Now 3/15 NSD

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Still a WIP, will sort the finances over the next couple of days. Still to do.

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..4/4

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done.. Lady still interested in items but no rush as she is not too flush with cash atm. Suits me as stuff is in Room of Doom so will take a bit of finding! Need to find another bag as I know I have a duplicate - will sell one.

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Did hair & minimal makeup for friends weekly visit..

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone No chance of a long time in garden as heavy snow all morning, followed by even heavier rain. Chance of cellar flooding as the water table is so high.. House will not flood though as we are on a hill...Did get out in garden although didn't really feel like it after stint in CS. 2 barrow loads of compost spread onto large border, the first of many. Cellar is indeed flooded to a depth of 2-3 inches. Not up to bottom step yet thankfully..Weather shocking & flood waters - which had started to recede, are back up again. Went outside briefly to wrestle bag of iris bulbs off daft dog who was eating them, she is a true survivor. You'd think she was never fed - unless you saw the size of her..

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. Managed to sell a bag today, has been on FB selling site since 2016!! Bag money through & earmarked for savings.

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Made supper of bacon onion potato bake with broccoli, very tasty. DH ate final portion of YS apple pie.

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. No snacking today.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: DH going to post office for me, sending bag & returning item. Supper prepped early so despite friend staying late we got fed at a reasonable time. Seeing friend & having a good chat.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure