PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) I went into the city today and found sales in which I purchased a nice snuggly warm Tog24 top at half price.

2) Millets/Blacks didn't have the right size of Merrell Kahuna Trekking Sandal but said I could order it online and get an extra 20% off the price...£54.40 down from £80, woohoo!

3) It rained on the bus coming home (Outside I mean) and all the passengers went Ooooohhhhhh including me and then it stopped!

4) He Who Knows has made me a much needed cup of tea or 3, thank you very much!

5) Pictures just coming in on He Who Knows phone of James's lads at their school sports day, Oh so cute!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. It's been another pleasant day here. Overcast but dry and mild/warmish

A glug of antacid at bedtime seemed to help the horrid heartburn and a better nights sleep.

Quick chat with DD1 this morning. She was just going out.

Did some more fence painting. Finished up what was left in the tubs.

Sorted out the tubs of plants at the front porch. The pansies have went all 'leggy'

Washed the front door. Looks nice and shiny clean now instead of mud splatters from dog the other day.

Got a lovely letter from my friend in Melbourne ( husband died just after mine)

Using up freezer contents .we are now at the sublime! My dogs vet bill last week kind of threw me out of sync! The kids are looking in the fridge thinking there's nothing...I'm looking and thinking there's still plenty!

So I made with a few quorn chunks , a bag of peppers, some RTC mushrooms, an onion and some curry powder. Some chicken stock and tomato pur!e, then with a half block of RTC puff pastry a quorn and veggie curry pie was created! It was rather tasty! Served with a bag of par boiled veg chunks, roasted. and some of the potatoes from my sisters garden.

Then with the other half of the pastry I made a rhubarb and apple pie and some mini jam roly poly thingos!

I've just had some lurking at the back of the freezer ice cream with the apple and rhubarb pie ! Very yummy!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2018 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Good to get up after a rubbish night's sleep. Hard to remember now that I didn't actually sleep through the night until I was 35 :-/

2) Had to laugh (a bit). Bigger son got in at about 2am and had fallen off his bike doing wheelies as he neared home, grazing his shoulder/knees etc (didn't laugh at that bit!) Anyway, I went into the garden this morning to feed the cat and he'd obviously cycled THROUGH the garden which no longer has outdoor lighting as this was removed along with the porch... he had cycled through my washing that I put out last thing, got tangled with a sheet - and it looked like a murder had been committed! So it had to go straight back into the wash.

3) Hens OK.

4) An exciting morning having my birthday treat organised by my sister - pottery painting locally. Tried to go a mug with "Roses and Castles" type roses but we shall see how it fires. Had soup and tea in the community caf! afterwards.

5) A quick stop at the charity shop got me a nice grey t shirt.

6) My orchid compost had come through the post so I repotted the biggest of my orchid plants.

7) Smaller son came home. We went to see the historic house they will be concentrating on in his history GCSE; his class is going to see it on a school trip in September. His question for a paragraph or so in history today was "Discuss the priest holes"! I asked him what he wrote and he did the location and type of priest holes, which were the best and how they all worked, which was his favourite, that no priest was found, a quick history of the house, the capture of the man who designed them, a comparison with those at Coughton Court AND that the designer had a shrine (?) in the church in the village! (Would it be a shrine? He was made a martyr). We were imagining the history teacher wondering how on earth he knew all that!

8) Pie and chips from the van for tea.

9) Just caught up with Gardeners World.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2018 at 7:38AM
    Options
    Good Morning,

Happy Birthday Frith :j Pottery painting sounds fun. Would the !!!8216;shrine!!!8217; be a commemorative plaque? (Not Grand enough?).

Friday

1. Cracking on with big task. Moved a couple of boxes down to new office every time I needed a walk. Nice room, but I will need a badge which says !!!8216;Toilet Monitor!!!8217;, as it is next to the Boys toilet. :rotfl:

2. Chatting with a group of students this afternoon. Great hilarity. Will miss this when I move office. :(

3. Last minute decision to go to Ed!!!8217;s Diner for tea, as only DH and me at home. DH had 40% off and some cash back, so cheap burgers and no cooking :j

4. Making progress with clearing a space for the new shed which arrives on Monday.

5. Watched another Gone Fishing with Mortimer and Whitehouse. :rotfl::rotfl: Just appeals to my sense of humour. :rotfl:

Going to a workshop at the museum to make a silver pendant. Very excited:j

Have a lovely day :)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Greetings from an overcast ICT

Commiserations on the sinusitis, Frith - I literally feel your pain. I have been taking antihistamines which have helped - along with beconase. Good news re apprenticeship and the trip with younger DS sounds most sensible.. Was it Baddesley Clinton?

pleasures for yesterday

1. Yoga - lots of leg stretches which was good after all my walking
    2. avo toast for lunch - yummy. Weird ICT freezer tea - but with jersey royals which are my faves
    3. Reasonable train trip except for an annoying child, that in the end i had to move away from. But got work done
    4. a night in ICT alone - i like to have that every so often, OH is coming today
    5. DS gave me a lift to the station

Have a good day all

Ooh I'd forgotten about Baddesley Clinton, not been there for years, time for another visit I think :)

Reading other's memories reminds me that I've only watched the first 2 episodes of Mortimer and Whitehouse so that's a weekend treat :)

Day trip to the seaside in Wales yesterday, we had a lovely time and it was very MSE-friendly, we took all of our food and drink, the main cost was petrol, apart from that, £2 to park and £2.90 for a Mr Whippy for OH :rotfl::rotfl:. Loads of walking, going in the sea, sitting in the sun and shell-hunting (for me), a much-needed break after a stressful month:)

Came back to find it had rained a lot, shame we missed a good storm but the garden really needed the rain!

Looking forward to watching the rest of the Nadal - Djokovic match today. We drove back from north of Borth to Worcester yesterday, and the final set of the Isner-Anderson match was already started when we got in the car and we got home before it finished :eek:, and it didn't make the journey seem any shorter, a bit like Groundhog Day :rotfl: - not sure if they should introduce a final set tie break like other tournaments, or ban men over 6 ft 5 from competing :rotfl::rotfl:

Going to do a bit of tidying up in the garden now the ground has had a soaking
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

My Buddleia is finally flowering, I know it’s considered a weed but it’s a beautiful deep purple colour and the butterflies love it so it stays in our garden :)

We went racing :j love the July course and, if you avoid all the drunken music nights, a good venue. The Friday meeting is one of my favourites, we always get dressed up and make a real day of it.

The hollow legged ones came with us together the youngest’s girlfriend whose a smasher, might be biased but they are cracking young people and apparently ok to spend time with us oldies :rotfl:

Came home footsore and slightly sunburnt so OS pleasure must be the aftersun being kept in the fridge, oh the relief to my shoulders!

Spent evening, laying on sofa, rehydrating and recovering!
  • Frith
    Options
    No, not Baddesley Clinton!

What are you doing in Worcester, Hopeless Case? I hope you gave me a wave as you drove past my house!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    No, not Baddesley Clinton!

What are you doing in Worcester, Hopeless Case? I hope you gave me a wave as you drove past my house!

I live here! :D I guess you're somewhere round this area too?

Edit: I see you're in the Welsh Marches!

I did give a mental wave to Monty Don as we drove through Leominster :D
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Friday pleasures,

My Buddleia is finally flowering, I know it’s considered a weed but it’s a beautiful deep purple colour and the butterflies love it so it stays in our garden :)

We went racing :j love the July course and, if you avoid all the drunken music nights, a good venue. The Friday meeting is one of my favourites, we always get dressed up and make a real day of it.

The hollow legged ones came with us together the youngest’s girlfriend whose a smasher, might be biased but they are cracking young people and apparently ok to spend time with us oldies :rotfl:

Came home footsore and slightly sunburnt so OS pleasure must be the aftersun being kept in the fridge, oh the relief to my shoulders!

Spent evening, laying on sofa, rehydrating and recovering!

I'd hate to be without a buddleia, the smell is heavenly and they're still the butterfly bush even if they do seed a bit readily! :heart2::heart2:
  • Frith
    Options
    Hopeless Case - I!!!8217;m equidistant from Worcester and Ludlow. Went to sixth form in Worcester and to high school just outside.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback