Online shop and given bottle of alcohol with security tag on

Options

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    OP, surely if its happened to you before you'd check the box before signing for the delivery...
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    Options
    I've just removed the tag (easily done) and dropped it off next time I'm in the shop...what's your problem OP?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dawnhduk wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I've sent him photographic evidence of the tag attached to the bottle. And what would I do with a £20 bottle of alcohol which is unusable in its current state? Pocket the voucher and still be £15 out of pocket?! Is the onus not on the shop to provide me with the item I ordered in a useable condition? Why should I spent more time and money rectifying a problem they caused when I may or maybe not be compensated afterwards? Not being funny with you, just genuinely interested. When this has happened before with another online shopping company, they immediately refunded the whole cost of the bottle! :eek: I'm not saying I was expecting that, but even a token £5 voucher would have sufficed 🤷🏻!♀️

Unusable in its current state but you'd be happy with a £5 voucher...?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Compo culture everywhere!!

Op have you watched the vid in post number 4
  • dawnhduk
    Options
    Dunno about you guys, but to me every pound counts so shoot me! And maybe I do expect to receive what I pay for. Hell, everything is so expensive these days, why shouldn't I? And of course mistakes are made; that's how we learn, right? It's how we go about admitting and rectifying those mistakes that counts. Think I was just more offended by the customer service rep's dismissive attitude when usually they're so pleasant and helpful. On hindsight, I wrote this post more because of an emotional response than the importance of the subject matter itself and for that I hold my hands up. This however has reminded just why I'm not usually one to post on forums; some of the replies have been downright rude and uncalled for. I only came on to ask for advice, not to get a barrage of unnecessary, unhelpful, sarcastic and scathing remarks. To those who replied with helpful advice, I sincerely thank you. The rest of you, I can only hope you're nicer people IRL than you come across behind your keyboards/phones.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Greed, greed, greed. You're simply out for what you can get when there are numerous straightforward solutions available.

If every pound counts, you wouldn't be spending £20 on a bottle of alcohol. It's not exactly a staple grocery item.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When this has happened before with another online shopping company, they immediately refunded the whole cost of the bottle!

So what did you do in that situation, throw it away?
  • dawnhduk
    Options
    Took it back to have the tag removed of course.
  • dawnhduk
    Options
    Not that it's any of your business, but the bottle of alcohol was supposed to be a special birthday present for someone. What a rude individual you are, your parents must be so proud.......
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    Not that it's any of your business, but the bottle of alcohol was supposed to be a special birthday present for someone. What a rude individual you are, your parents must be so proud.......

Then just cut the tag off and wrap it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport