Online shop and given bottle of alcohol with security tag on

Options
12346»

Comments

• Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    mksysb wrote: »
    But it's not criminal damage to cut up your own property, which the tag now is.

So you're suggesting the tag is a free gift and hasn't been left on in error?
  • mrabz
    mrabz Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you're suggesting the tag is a free gift and hasn't been left on in error?

I was under the impression that unsolicited or unwanted goods delivered to your property can be kept.
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    mrabz wrote: »
    I was under the impression that unsolicited or unwanted goods delivered to your property can be kept.

So if you order something for £1000 and they send two in error you're free to keep them both? I think not.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrabz wrote: »
    Your impression is wrong.

There have been laws about "inertia marketing" i.e. where you get sent something out of the blue, followed by an invoice suggesting you should either pay for it or return it. That doesn't mean that you can keep something accidentally included with an order you were expecting.
  • Mishomeister
    Mishomeister Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would personally take it to the shop if it is can be done easily.
    A few years ago I had an issue with Tesco online shopping and was asked to take the item to the shop for a refund.
    This was not a reasonable solution to me as there is no local Tesco to me and getting there via public transport would take unreasonably long as I didn't have car at the time.

The online supermarket should offer some alternatives for the client if he can't take it to the store such as delivery driver that is working locally next day bringing a replacement bottle and taking the one with a tag on.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And you seem to be missing the fact that the contract was for a bottle of whatever, not bottle + security tag - the supermarket never intended to transfer ownership of the tag. So no, it wasn't included with his purchase.

I agree and would be very carefull,i was watching a wrestling match the other day and the comentator said that one of the contestents was part of a TAG TEAM, he was a big lad and would not like him coming round to my house to collect his goods:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure