The Las Vegas Thread and MSE guide

Options

Comments

• ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    This is just a short one. If you'd like more info about any of the shows, I'm sure I can give you a better review of them. If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Thanks for the report! interesting about Vinnie Favorito- I'd read a few reviews that lead me to believe it might not be our sort of thing (or at least not the in-law's sort of thing) and steered them away from it...maybe we'll consider it. I'm not easily offended so on that part it should be OK, but I am terrified of being singled out...I'd be the one trying as hard as possible to not be noticed and would most likely be picked on first. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to write!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    November/December
    ferf, he mainly picked on the Mexicans, Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Native Americans, Chinese, old people, etc. In fact all the politically incorrect subjects he could find in the audience. Reading it back it doesn't sound funny, but it was, and the people laughing hardest were the ones he picked on.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    November/December
    80% off at Restaurant.com. The code is CELEBRATE

Link here.
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TangoBunny wrote: »
    anyone know when the virgin sale starts.I can get flights for £367.50 with miles+money.....do u think I could get them cheaper ???

Its normally in January, but i'm checking every day just to make sure. I'm getting the same price as you at the moment for May 09.

Stew
  • bitgiggy
    Options
    Hi all

Got back from our 12 day trip to LA/Vegas (8 nights in Vegas) just before Xmas. We both really like Los Angeles despite thinking we would be put off for life. We visited Universal Studios which is fantastic and did a tour of the stars homes in Beverly Hills which I would definitely reccommend.

The drive to Vegas was a long one due to the fact we took a detour through death valley which was awesome and has to be done. Got to Caesars Palace about 9pm and due to our length of stay decided to try the $50 trick at check in which worked a treat, we were upgraded to an Augustus tower suite with a direct view over the Bellagio fountains which were spectacular, as well as a hot tub and walk in shower.

We did plenty in our time there, we went shooting at the gun store which I definitely reccommend. It was a little expensive at $99 to shoot 3 guns but is now something I can cross off my list of things to do before I die! We also opted for the coach tour of the south rim of the grand canyon which although was a long day, was absolutely amazing! The canyon itself was covered in snow as we were lucky enough to be in Vegas for the first snow in 30 years!

On our last night after much deliberation we decided to go and see Criss Angels Believe at the Luxor. We had read the bad reviews of the show but opted for the cheapest tickets and decided to make our minds up for ourselves. Anyone worried about buying the cheaper tickets shouldn't be as the theatre itself is relatively small and the view was perfectly fine. As for the show itself I can see why it has bad reviews. Anyone who has seen his show or even the opening clips to Believe make you feel like you are going to see something amazing, this never happens. The tricks themselves are very basic but I do think that the point has been somewhat missed on the show itself. It is a cirque de soleil show and that is pretty much what you get, the set, costumes and dancers were amazing and the show itself was entertaining. I don't regret going to see the show at all, but I wouldn't go back to see it again. I would advise anyone going to seebthe show not to spend silly money on the tickets and not to expect any fantastic illusions, but to go along and make up your own mind.

I don't know if this would be of interest to anyone in this thread but me and my partner also got tattooed whilst out there by an amazing tattoo parlour, studio 21. It's just off the strip but the shop is veryvprofessional and friendly, the owner even gave us a lift back to our hotel afterwards!

Anyway thanks for all re advice given on this forum which helped to make our trip a success, if anyone has any questions I will be glad to help out.

BitGiggy
  • nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    nice one bit.... glad u enjoyed it

out of interest, how much were your tickets for Criss Angel?

like ferf, wouldn't mind giving it a go just to see for myself :)
  • bitgiggy
    Options
    nvh wrote: »

They raised the prices by $10 over the Xmas period so ours were $69 each but I believe you can get them for $59 normally.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    nvh wrote: »

Not sure when you are going, but they do have some dates at 40% off.

http://shows.travelzoo.com/las-vegas-shows/510627

Brings the cheapest tickets down to $38.94 each for dates through Feb.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • TangoBunny
    Options
    October
    Stew68 wrote: »
    Its normally in January, but i'm checking every day just to make sure. I'm getting the same price as you at the moment for May 09.

Stew
    That's the price I'm getting for late Sept/early Oct.....seems it's across the board
    :hello: LORRAINE :hello:
  • aspinallkate
    Options
    is £1061.00 a good price for a week in the luxor for 2? flying from gatwick 15th feb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure