Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Hurray for bins :j
    Hurray for knock off print cartridges :j
    And, weirdly, hurray for SB, who just gave me about £7 as a bonus :j

I'm off to the council walk in a minute, but I have to go to the SB thread on here and thank them for the help I got with that bonus.

See you later xxx

In my case hurray for Santander who informed me they are going to pay me £500 for missold PPI on a very old, barely used BHS storecard that I never even knew I had:j. I'd contacted them about one I did know about, apparently they have taken responsibility for paying claims on old GE Money storecards and I had a HofF one which they are still investigating. Very reassuring and surprising to see that they are checking through everything else just in case and are being very honest about things. Santander was never one of my favourite banks, I'd had all sorts of issues with them over the years dating from when they took over Alliance & Leicester. I love them now though:rotfl:

Enjoy your walk:beer:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thats just great carbootcrazy :j :j
    So pleased for you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CBC, thats brilliant news! Your debt is down so low now, thats a big percentage :) I'm really pleased for you!

I'm back from my walk - how can 40 minutes of slow walking make me so **hungry**! Food! Feed Me! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: so now its a question of dotting the i and crossing the t, making sure all's well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    CBC, thats brilliant news! Your debt is down so low now, thats a big percentage :) I'm really pleased for you!

I'm back from my walk - how can 40 minutes of slow walking make me so **hungry**! Food! Feed Me! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: so now its a question of dotting the i and crossing the t, making sure all's well.

Thank you:T. When it arrives (plus the HofF one if they uphold my claim) it's destined for my debt-repayment pot:j. My debt free day is now just about in sight, a day I doubted would ever come way back in 2013 when I was drowning in nearly £57K of debt:o

Glad you had a good walk:T. I can understand about the hunger, it's the bracing fresh air that causes it for me rather than the exercise. Still really cold and breezy here and our postman has just been wearing shorts:eek:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    What a long journey you've come ... not long now! There will be many jumpy smileys in your sig on that day!

I've spent most of the afternoon (okay, about an hour ...) working on what I hope is the final ID thing for the sale of the house - scanning what my partner sent me, writing the accompanying letter, finding the right names and address from the email, and finding the right stamps from my store to make a modern first class stamp :rotfl:

Once again, its a First World problem, but I'm fed up to the back teeth with identifying myself in such fiddly, and idiosyncratic ways - all of us have been asked to ID ourselves in completely different ways, and it makes me distrust the reasons behind it. Hey ho, I'm not going to make it awkward, and it's in the post now, finally. I'm celebrating with a handful of dried fruit :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    You deserve more than dried fruit!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Passes KC a virtual G&T...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    **sips cautiously at G&T, then slugs it down happily**
  • beanielou
    Options
    Passes an Edinburgh raspberry gin to Karmcat :)

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    **intercepts the raspberry gin and slinks over to the corner to enjoy...
    ;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure