Do you want a receipt? Yes I need to check.

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Currently depends on the internet & that is Not Always instantaneous!
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Always ask fir a receipt do I can check offers have worked ab
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Bacman wrote: »
    You need receipts in order to put the amounts on your speadsheet at home so can check it off against your credit card bill says the transactions are so you know all is fine.

Depends which credit cards you use. I usually get instant notifications from Amex, so I will often decline the receipt. Virgin don't give me notifications, but the pending transactions show instantly in the app.

I do want receipts in supermarkets though, unless I'm using self scan. I always take a minute to check the receipt after I have paid and before leaving the store, and I sometimes find the price charged doesn't match the advertised price.

I would be happy if the supermarkets could email me the receipt or send it to my phone instead of wasting paper.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you've been unusually unlucky having such a number of incorrect transactions, and second the view that you can avoid this by using self-scan. The machine will not take offence at you requesting a receipt either.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Currently depends on the internet & that is Not Always instantaneous!
    Actually I've used this at Sainsburys before, when returning a faulty electrical product for my mum (I am of course very careful about storing my own receipts!). I took her credit card statement and nectar card to the CS till, along with the approximate time of purchase - which I remembered as I happened to be with her at the time - and they were able to track the sale in seconds.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ThemeOne wrote: »
    I think you've been unusually unlucky having such a number of incorrect transactions, and second the view that you can avoid this by using self-scan. The machine will not take offence at you requesting a receipt either.

There is no self scan at this location, but point taken.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So you don't get a receipt...........
    You walk out of the store with your purchases & a large heavy hand lands on your shoulder & a store security guard asks ' Excuse me sir could I see proof that you have paid for those items'.
    What happens then I wonder ???
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    You walk out of the store with your purchases & a large heavy hand lands on your shoulder & a store security guard asks ' Excuse me sir could I see proof that you have paid for those items'.

Your get your mobile phone out and show them the charge that appears instantly in you app. If you pay with the right cards.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

I would state which till I paid at so they can find the transaction. Given that it would have happened within the previous few minutes, I doubt it would be hard to find.
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    personally i would always have a receipt for a big or expensive shop, probably not for a sandwich only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure