Do you want a receipt? Yes I need to check.

1235»

Comments

• surfsister wrote: »
    If you aren't given a receipt how can you take something back if you need to?

Went to a spa bar recently and friend used contactless and waited for her receipt. The staff member said "We don't do receipts in the spa bar." When my friend insisted she said incredulously: "well it is contactless so no receipt."

In the end the manager came and went to another room to provide a receipt.

A bit worrying this using contactless and getting no receipt surely open to fraud.

You have no legal right to take goods back unless they are faulty, in which case you do not need a receipt. See below
    You may need a receipt for goodwill refunds/exchanges.
    surfsister wrote: »
    Yes good point how do you prove you have paid for your goods if you paid in cash and no receipt??

The law is on your side here. You do not need a receipt to prove you have purchased any item from any store in the UK if it's faulty, though when it comes to getting refunds/exchanges it's easier with a receipt.

You can prove a purchase by various means including a bank/credit card statement, a loyalty card transaction, a cash withdrawal from an ATM etc. OK, these methods will send many CS staff into a spin and they will state otherwise, but they are wrong.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Stompa wrote: »
    Mine mostly show up under pending transactions too, but not all appear instantly. Some can take a few hours, and occasionally some can take a day or two. I suspect the delay may be down to the retailer (Boots is often very slow) as much as the card provider.

I rarely check tbh, but few times i have its there straight away
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    If the item is a recalled item, you don't need a receipt. If the recalled item is a branded food or non food item (washing products, toiletries), all supermarkets have to honour the refund for h&s issues. It happened with a box of cereal I had two years ago and took it to the supermarket I was going to and got the cash for it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure