Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    The designer has been in 3 Times this morning. I charged him £150 for my work. I don't think he really wanted to pay immediately but I wasn't going to be fobbed off.
    SNIP
    The designer brought more fabric but he is expecting silly things to be done and ready in only 4 weeks time. He wants 60 t shirts made and yet he hasn't supplied any neck ribbing at all, and the fabric he has given me is not going to be making 60 t shirts by a mile.

Meanwhile back in the real world............

He's showing signs of potentially being a D list customer, wanting the earth, draining your time and your energy and not being keen on paying. Don't let him damage your real business by taking up too much of your time and energy. If his business were to take off and suddenly be in demand, you'll find yourself kicked into the long grass whilst his business, quite natuarally, has to be taken elsewhere because you couldn't cope with the volume of it.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    so how long does a tee shirt take at £20 an hour plus overheads?
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    so how long does a tee shirt take at £20 an hour plus overheads?

To be honest I cannot do them cheaply enough. I am struggling to explain that he needs a factory outlet not a dressmaker
    I am happy to make a one off etc. So he can get his ideas across but personally I would never make money compared to the Shop.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has this designer ever worked in the fashion industry? He seems to think you are a machine or else a much larger operation than you are. Do not let him bully you into anything. Please remember you need to enjoy your work or it will become a drudge and you will hate it. I would at the very
    least double the timeframe.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    To be honest I cannot do them cheaply enough. I am struggling to explain that he needs a factory outlet not a dressmaker
    I am happy to make a one off etc. So he can get his ideas across but personally I would never make money compared to the Shop.

So I think that is one sample @ minimum £50 followed by a "no"?
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2018 at 8:55PM
    Options

I think his problem,and it!!!8217;s not yours is that 50 items isn!!!8217;t enough for a factory order.

He is not big enough for a factory but don!!!8217;t make that your problem.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    He is apparently coming in again tomorrow!
    His chatter is costing me time.
    So I think I will "call him into the office @
    Tell him that I am loosing money chatting when I already have work. That I don't need his work as I already have too much to handle and that although I see his passion and I enjoy one off design I do not want or need to work for less to fit his budget.
    I am happy to create something to help him sell his ideas, but I am not prepared to give him my designs, and I am too expensive!
    Cos I am
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure that you "copyright" your designs! Let him buy you lunch - or a sandwich or coffee at least - but your time is money! xxxx

Well done - you are learning :-D
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done Mooloo! 60 t-shirts indeed :mad:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on standing up to designer.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure